FLASH! "Today" Show on Thur 1/8

OldsDoug

I got an email from a reliable source that said that the Today show would be broadcast tomorrow morning (Thursday 1/8) from the GM Tech Center in Warren MI, and it suggests that there will be something on there of interest to Buick enthusiasts...

That's all I know about it... buddy of mine plans to watch it, so will post whatever it is later tomorrow...

Guest my3buicks

Wow!! That would/could make an excellent replacement for our DTS. Been wanting to replace it with an AWD sporty sedan.

Yes, but...

17 or 18 mpg city? Out of 3.0L of displacement? My 3.8L gets about 23mpg city, 26.5 mpg combined.

and...

Looks better and more modern then the LuCerne. My eyes popped when the local Buick dealers advertised new LuCernes at about $2000 less then new LaCrosses.

So is the LaCrosse the new, temporary flagship Buick? Or when can we get a new LuCerne, which is now, what? 4-5 years old?

Bryan,

Keep in mind that current EPA estimates are scaled down to "reflect real driving"; translated, make 4-cyl foreign econoboxes look more attractive.

As for the virtues of the 3800, preaching to the choir, man. We all know what a superstar engine it really is!

Joe

Thanks Joe. Overall I don't see why a buyer would take a Lexus or anything else over that new LaCrosse. That's world class - style, power, economy, luxury.

Are you listening Mitch!

Shoot... any way to see the picture without registering? Glad to know there will be a 2010 LaCrosse - with Buick's current lineup of only two passenger cars and two of whatever those other things are, I figured them to be on the ropes...

I liked the last Regals better than the LaCrosse, but had just purchased 2 vehicles and couldn't swing one...

Oldsdoug, I don't think it's necessary to be registered to see the photos here:

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f63/naias-09-2010-buick-lacrosse-73739/

Let us know if you still can't see them.

By the way, this car is stunningly beautiful, and I've been drooling over the photos all day!

Of course, I had just advised my wife last night that buying a new car would not be a financial priority. Now that I see the new LaCrosse, I want to eat those words!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BJM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Joe. Overall I don't see why a buyer would take a Lexus or anything else over that new LaCrosse. That's world class - style, power, economy, luxury.

Are you listening Mitch! </div></div>

The problem is so many Americans' perception of GM as a builder of junk from the '80s... that's hard to shake. The Significant Other has an '04 Regal - once or twice a week she drives 3 other girls in it in a car pool... the others own a Saab, a Sentra, and (I think) a Matrix. The three of them rave about how quiet, comfortable, and powerful the Regal is, but none of them would consider buying one!! I still think, tho, if you could get someone to ride in, or drive, _the right_ GM car for a week, they'd be likely to buy... but it has to be the right car - the only one I'd consider right now would be a 3.8-equipped LaCrosse. A couple of years ago the Impala would have been in there, but the 3.8 is no longer available in that.

The V8 trucks and SUVs are still good too... and the Cobalt isn't bad for a small car... and maybe some of the Cadillacs... but a lot of GM products are still to be stayed away from!

Guest Dans 77 Limited

I may be going against the grain here....... but I dont care for it. Theyre going back to the jelly bean on wheels YET AGAIN mad.gif. Why cant we get a happy medium between the rolling square refrigerator like the Honda Element and the jelly bean being produced by every car line. Is it really that hard to do ? How many years am I going to have to keep my semi - jellybean 02 Impala before somebody actually creates a car worth looking at ?

Dan

Guest 63Stude

I don't like it either. Far too mainstream...reminds me of some current Lincoln products as well as 'upper end' Japanese makes...but I guess that's what sells these days.

I hate rear doors that are cut like that...a definite head-bumper everytime you get in or out. Why do they do that? Oh yeah, styling!

Bill

What I do not understand is why do they need to put those 18" tires on cars. Around here you bang up your rims with the regular sized tires that give you some protection when hitting a pot hole the size of Texas. Are they trying to make all of the cars look like a certain drug induced, rap music, low rider type of car?

Also, bring back white wall tires and chrome. This one has a little chrome but could use a whole lot more to accentuate the sweep spear, etc.

Just my thoughts.

stevo

Guest 4buick7

Great looking car although not that different from several other makes (Lexus, Buick's target comes to mind). Certainly the best looking Buick in years. If only it was a rear drive!