Hey Chevrolet Fan!

R W Burgess

Check out this vintage commercial. smile.gif

Chevy's when they were real cars (Get behind the wheel and find out why it's a "Sting"-ray!) and all of your TV heros thrown in for good measure. Liz Montgomery! Whoa-eat your heart out! laugh.gif

Wayne

PS, a special thanks to Paul Beyer of the Oneida Lake Region!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X5m4emm0OM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X5m4emm0OM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Guest 63Stude

What a great clip! I'd seen it before, but it's always a delight to watch. I think the '65 Chevy lineup was probably their most impressive overall, to-date. Love the full-size Chevys that year...even the '65 Chevy II is my favorite of that original design.

It was always a treat to watch Bonanza and Bewitched around new-car introduction time and see those Chevy 'teaser' ads telling you to visit your Chevrolet Dealer's on introduction night! Also, remember how on Bonanza, the Chevrolet bowtie would be 'branded' onto the screen? Cool.

Agnes Moorehead, who was Endora on Bewitched, also starred in my favorite movie, Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte, as the maid, Velma. The movie was wrapped up about the time Bewitched was starting on TV, and Miss Moorehead is absolutely unrecognizable in the movie if you are only used to seeing her as Endora!

Great memories.

Bill

My question is, that they jump from being their characters to not being their characters, now correct me if I am wrong, but they didnt have cars in the old west! I have this clip on video, it is pretty cool! I like the Dinah Shore campaign 'see the usa in your chevrolet' my dad has a 45 with Lorne Greene singing to advertise chevy and we have the dinah shore 45 as well.

Good question Steve.

I remember the day the salesman drove 30 miles to our home back in the fall of 1964, with his order book in hand. Dad had a blue '63 Impala to trade in, amazing how farmers in those days bought new cars every 2 years.

As they bickered over the price, we finally got to working the option book that afternoon in Mom and Dad's living room. Dad decided to order an SS Impala. Wow! Exciting, I tell you. Then, going through the book, he ended up ordering a solid red color with white interior, the prettiest car I've ever seen before or since then. Lots of chrome interior pieces, with the white vinyl seating and black accents around the dash and black carpeting. Even though he got the base 250hp 327 and powerglide, the console and floor shifter was still cool. Spinner hub caps and stainless trim around the wheel openings, be still my heart.

Great memories, guys!

Wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve Braverman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every model was attractive and exciting in 1965.</div></div>

My very favorite car that my mom and dad had, and the one I first learned to drive (at the age of 13 in parking lots and graveyards) was a 1965 Dodge Dart GT. Bright red with a black vinyl top, that was really only half of the top, and LOTS of chrome. My dad loved red cars with lots of chrome.

I would love to find one to have as "my" antique car.