Pre 1914? truck?

Guest jelp

Definitely Overland.

I would suggest that the Smith Form-A -Truck setups and other brands that are seen in Model T Ford car conversions to trucks could have been supplied for other brands of cars and that here we have one. While not a rare car, this is a very unusual find.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Noel Adams

WILLYS OVERLAND BUILT THEIR OWN CHAIN DRIVE TRUCK IN 1913 - 14. THIS WAS CALLED THE MODEL 65 WILLYS UTILITY TRUCK . IT WAS BASED ON THE OVERLAND MODEL 60 / 79 WITH HEAVIER CHASSIS. IF YOU CARE TO LIST SOME OF THE RAISED PART NUMBERS WHICH WILL APPEAR ON MOST OF THE COMPONENTS , I CAN TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT YEAR MODEL THEY WERE FITTED.

• 2 years later...
Guest Al Brass
There is a restored one of these in NZ. I think it is called a Gramm. Maybe this will jog the memory of some one who knows more about them.

Just what I was thinking ! The truck is now in the Richardon Collection in Invercargill. The Gramm was built by WO but not too sure on the history. Where is Allan Storer when you need him?

Al

Not sure everyone is clear on this, but I do recall noting that Overland utilized a transaxle in their passenger cars of this era. Beyond that, I know nothing.

• 3 weeks later...