Cornering lights replacement

Guest Earl Filippelli

Guest Earl Filippelli

Hello All,

How do i get to the cornering light to replace the bulbs?

88 sunroof coupe.

Thanks all for your help,

Earl.

• 2 years later...
Guest Jefferyscott

I have purchased all the various cornering light bulbs and will attempt to replace now using the instructions so graciously provided. I plan on driving the Reatta to tomorrows Detroit Tiger game opener so I must successfully complete this project tonite!

I will report my results when complete!

Guest Jefferyscott

Brutal!

Clocked in at over four hours of delicate labor. I replaced every front bulb on each side of the car. Several bulbs were missing and the wrong type were used in spots. The rearest bulb on the driver side was by far the most difficult, removing even the air cleaner (replaced filter, it was needed) to get at it from the top. Then I forgot to reattach the cornering light and proceeded to complete the reassembly. Ooops. I was determined to do the job correctly so I backtracked and now the front lights are correct and operational.

When I tested the turn signals I realized a rear light is not actuating. So the back lights are next,

All said, it was a great time working on the Reatta! This forum is a tremendous help and makes the work much more understandable.

Thanks to all.

the back lights are next

Couple things to know, you must remove the license plate first, and make sure when you remove the tail light that you put rags or towels over the painted area just below the taillight. The assembly does come straight out but it should be on short cables attached to the light and the body of the car and it tends to drop rather quickly towards the bumper and in the process it will mess up the the paint.

If you have someone to provide an extra pair of hands it would probably be useful.

In retrospect, an easier alternative for replacing all the bulbs is to simply remove the combination light assembly. From the bottom, remove the air dam (seven screws.) Then remove four (maybe five on some cars?) screws on each light assembly to allow them to slide out. See: http://forums.aaca.org/f116/parking-lamp-removal-298496.html A second advantage of doing this is that one can inspect the sealing on the top of the housing. Especially if the lens gets foggy during rain or washing the car.