Dynaflow interchange

Rooster

• 3 weeks later...

Don't you hate it when you know you've read the answer to the question in your mind but can not find it when you do a search of the forum?

So.......I'll ask it again.....

is the Dynaflow in a 55 special with a 264 the same as a Dynaflow in a 55 Century with a 322?

Is everything interchangeable?

In other words will a 1955 264 Special Dynaflow bolt straight up to a 1955 322 Motor?

Guest imported_MrEarl

They should bolt up and in 55 are probably the same transmission. In 54, the 40 series, the vanes on the stator were broader and were less in number than the 60 series. Since 55 had the improved variable pitch converter where the stators actually changed angles I would suspect they were all the same.

Guest Bob Call

Alright, get ready for information overload. From Hollander Interchange Manual.

'55 Series 40 and 60 have the same trans and Series 50 and 70 have the same trans.

The 54 trans for Series 40, 60 and 100 will fit the 55 Series 40 and 60 by using the 55 converter and linkage.

The 54 trans for Series 50 and 70 will fit the 55 Series 50 and 70 by using the 55 converter and linkage.

The 56 trans will fit all 55's by by using the 56 cross member and support rubber and the 55 oil cooler, u-joint and housing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bob Call</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alright, get ready for information overload. From Hollander Interchange Manual.

'55 Series 40 and 60 have the same trans and Series 50 and 70 have the same trans.

The 54 trans for Series 40, 60 and 100 will fit the 55 Series 40 and 60 by using the 55 converter and linkage.

The 54 trans for Series 50 and 70 will fit the 55 Series 50 and 70 by using the 55 converter and linkage.

The 56 trans will fit all 55's by by using the 56 cross member and support rubber and the 55 oil cooler, u-joint and housing. </div></div>

Very good information to have, I will have to look at my Hollanders more often. So the question that I have been asking is: Dynaflows from 53-63 had two different lengths (for each year)? Sounds like it. Also bell bolt patterns changed in 57, right?

Now for the most important, what are the length differences (per year)? confused.gif