face plates for guages

Richie66

I know where you can have them restored. Be prepared for 10-12 months wait though excellent work. I expect if all you wanted faces redone, he could do them quicker. I first had acquired some repos for my 32 Packard. They were fine if you didn't care how inaccurate they were. I then bit the bullet to get them done like the originals.

Abbott Instrument Restoration

10860 Sw 74th Ave, Portland, OR 97223-2705, United States

Phone: (503) 246-1287

I called him and we talked about doing this work, he said around $2000.00 for my guages. thats a tad much for me right now, I thought if I could finf new face plates I could do the rest. mabey new decals I could stick on--I doubt it huh----------Richie

So he didn't give a price for just the faces to be restored? $2K sounds like the entire gauge restored, but I don't know if he would just do the gauges. Though for $2K you would have great looking gauges. Bruce is one of those craftsmen who never advertizes, but always has a mile long line of customers. He takes great pride in his work. I happen to be fortunate that he is close to where I live.

Yes, that price was restoring and making the guages that need 12 volt plus the clock. I realize that price is not bad for all he would do but I'm building a street rod from my 40 120 and it does get your cash drained, just looking fo another way that doesn't cost that much. decals would work but I bet there is none around------Richie

It used to be easy to restore gauge or clock faces if you know a photographer. You would photograph the face, enlarge it, retouch the bad areas, reduce it back down, and make a print which you would cut out and glue on the gauge.

Today with scanners and photoshop it's even easier.