Need CPS!!

tnheygirl

I need a new CPS/Electric Power Supply Module. Buick can get one for 202.00 but I can't bare to give them another dime! My dad has checked the ECM and all the interior wiring/fuses and could find no problems with my intermitant odometer/gas gauge,etc disappearing while driving then returning just as quickly. When the OD etc goes black the air conditioning also shuts off and comes back on when the OD panel returns. So he is thinking it may be the above mentioned. confused.gif" border="0

A recycled CPS for much less than new should be available. Am a little bothered that not much troubleshooting has been done. Power supply is something that gets 12v in and 7v out. Would want to be certain you are not just losing the 12v occasionally first. Just a light bulb will tell you that.<P>Would say that getting a spare wouln't hurt but where do you stop ? There are a dozen oddball electronic gizmos in a Reatta.<P>Incidently the CPS is right under the IP <a href="http://www2.gdi.net/~padgett/10box.htm">here</a>. Believe the same part was used all four years (not at books again).<p>[ 07-23-2002: Message edited by: padgett ]

Padgett-My interior lights have turned themself on and off for quite a while. Finally took the bulbs out. I hear the clicking coming from the interior fusebox but all the fuses test fine. I really don't want to sell my car but I have to have an OD and Gas Gage. Any suggestions? WOuld it have anything to do with the BCM going bad?

I agree with Padgett, not enough troubleshooting has been done, or at least explained to the list. This sounds like a '90, right? When the IPC goes blank,as does the HVAC display, indicates a loss of the datastream. IPC pins (connector) come to mind. The '90 IPC is troubleprone, almost impossible to troubleshoot without a sub. '90-93 Riv uses the same panel.

Could be the BCM - it turns holds the info for both the odo and the gas guage - when the odo goes away, does the reading continue to increase or does it come back to the same setting as when it went blank ?<P>Meanwhile, did you chack the fuses in the panel on the *passenger* side of the console ? Is a second panel there and is often missed.