FS - 1963 Buick Riviera - Photos Added!

TexRiv_63

My 63 Riviera is up for sale. Ive owned it for about three years and have enjoyed learning about it, working on it, and above all driving it. During my ownership I have joined the ROA, BCA, and AACA along with this forum. I have met and talked with many knowledgeable and generous people and could not have accomplished what I did without them. With my recent purchase of a Pierce Arrow I am moving into the totally uncharted land of Prewar cars. My resources will not allow me to keep two projects going so the Riv must go. A brief description:

Mostly a pretty survivor, with some restored areas and some modifications. 93K, original numbers-matching drivetrain, white paint & chrome, new Clark's repro blue interior, new brakes, Vintage Air A/C system, custom exhaust, audio system, and much more.

Asking $17,500.

Go to www.texriviera.com for full details and many photos.

To contact me directly, E-mail texriviera1@yahoo.com, call 214-578-1213, or send a PM on this site.

I will also be posting this on the BCA and AACA forums. I tried to add a few photos but my browser will not let me attach and my FTP upload is not working right now, will keep trying.

Thanks Tim and Bill. Buicks are fun to work on partly because the parts are pretty much available. I'm already finding that Pierce Arrow parts are pretty much non-existent! Getting into Prewar has been a lifelong dream for me, hopefully I haven't bit off more than I can chew.

Bill, I did the VA install myself with help from Sachse Rod Shop. I bought the system from them and they were very helpful as they do many hot rod installs in their shop. It was a lot of work but really not very difficult just time consuming. If you decide to go that route send me a PM with your direct e-mail, I can send a lot of details and photos.

Don,

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like some details on the installation of the VA system on your car; I'm planning on doing something similar to my '64.

I found a picture (attached) some time ago that got me enthused; for both the cleanliness of the install and the fact that it's a modern system. I have talked to the folks at VA and have their catalog, all I need now is some motivation.

Can you tell me some of the basics - model number, etc. of the unit you chose and what were some of the bigger hurdles you had to face.

Is the attached picture of your car some time ago?

Thanks,

Ed

Ed,

Yes, that is my car partway through the underhood work.I think I sent that to you and others a while back on the RivList. It seems like there is a bit of interest in the install, let me put some stuff together and I will issue a separate post. I will try to include some in-work photos but my FTP uploading has not been working, I will see what I can come up with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...