Warning for Turn Signal Left On Too Long

Does a 90 Reatta have a warning alarm when the turn signal is inadvertantly left on? It seems like I read somewhere that they do but if so, mine does not work and would be interested in ideas on how to fix it. Thanks!

Guest Ranger

Are you sure that you want your "chime" to work, mine didn't work on my '90 either, wanted it fixed until I drove and '89 with the thing working. I don't want the chime working in mine.

The turn signal chime is located on the underside of the steering column. Take a look and you'll see a grilled opening.... you could pull the cover and disconnect a wire, or alternatively, cover the grille with some tape to muffle the sound.

Guest Geoff Meador

Uh, guys, I think <B>Indy Reatta</B> was talking about something different, some sort of alarm that sounds if you've been driving down the road with your blinker on accidentally (such as when it doesn't shut off after a turn).<P>Not the standard turn signal chime.

Is it safe to assume that since no one recognized what I was describing except Meandorg that this feature does not exist on Reattas? By the way, I didn't realize that the turn signal even had a chime. Guess mine is broken or already disconnected.

My warning chime for accidently leaving the headlights on works but I don't get any chime associated with the turnsignals. Does the same chime unit service both functions? My wife was trying to "one up" my Reatta by telling me that "her van" tells her if she accidently leaves the turnsignal on. I thought that I had read somewhere that Reattas have this same feature although mine has never done this since I've had it.