TC Nationals May4-7 Tucson, Who's Going?

I still need to get my preregistration form turned in blush.gif but barring any unforseen Dad obligtions, I'll be there.

No doubt I'll be doing more of the free diagnosis, repair at nominal charge demonstrations in the parking lot of the host hotel. This is my 4th National convention and I am getting pretty good at estimating what spares I need to bring for maximum fix-it potential wink.gif. I am also planning a few interior restoration items this year (specifically Ginger armrests) so if you have a ratty old armrest and are coming to the meet, send me a PM.

So Who's coming to Tucson???

Guest REDMAN

to bad the nationals fall on the pate swap meet dates . in ft worth . will let you know if i can find a passenger headlite assy , maybe with out a foggy inside , i need a fog lens had to make my own out of clear , at least the bulb wont get wet . now to find the fog lite switch . Redman in oklahoma ,

:)I AM LEAVING SAT. WITH A FEW FRIENDS WHO ALSO OWN T/C'S TAKING THE SOUTHERN ROUTE. HIGHWAY I-8 TO YUMA GO SOUTH BELOW THE BORDER TO MEXICO ROUTE 2 TO SONOYTA THEN NORTH TO HIGHWAY 86 INTO TUSCON. SPENDING SAT NITE IN YUMA.

I NEED MY ODOMETER FIXED,ANYONE DOING THAT DEMO?

Great, see you there Mark, sorry I missed you at the SoCal meet BTW, I've only missed 11 or so of them in the 14 years we have been meeting at Applebee's but I was away on business when you met Hemi there a couple months ago...

Get the Odometer parts from TCparts.com and I'm sure they can be installed at the meet. I personally have never replaced the gears but I can have your cluster out in 5 minutes if you wish.

I am going to offer 3-4 of them at the meet, if they dont all go, no problem. If I run out, I'll work on another batch (From the traded cores) recovered with original Ginger Leather. See it's a ploy to encourage a good showing at the meet wink.gif

Alan

Guest vicsik1969

I'm debating flying in from San Antonio for this. Cost of gas plus unknown repairs (I've yet to replace the timing belt) is higher than the $200- ticket on Xpress Jet.

Would it be worth my time to attend or should I wait until I can drive to one?

Ole Jasper is a coming. All by hisself, I am looking forward to it. I, as last year, am coming carless. I am going to swipe the keys to a certain yellow car that has gobs of HP though and go for a top down spin. I figure while the owner is up under one of the cars he will be repairing in the parking lot, It will be easy to grap the keys and run. ha ahhaahahahah

I will be flying in solo, Rose is going to stay home and take car of the puppies. Somebody find me a TC 5 speed to bring back from out there. Jasper

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REDMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> to bad the nationals fall on the pate swap meet dates . in ft worth . will let you know if i can find a passenger headlite assy , maybe with out a foggy inside , i need a fog lens had to make my own out of clear , at least the bulb wont get wet . now to find the fog lite switch . Redman in oklahoma , </div></div>

REDMAN - The Pate Swap Meet ends on April 27 - the weekend before - gives you time to get to the TC National.

Guest REDMAN

5bird7 , you are rite ,at my age 78 the dates seem to swarm over each other my wife told me the same but the week end of natnls we have a family reunion ,she also informed me of . well maybe our son in florida can make that one he also has a T C ,i will try again next year 89 burgandy bordeau #348

• 2 weeks later...

Allen, What way are you going? Want to meet up with me and a friend in Yuma, Sunday morn?(around 10 or 11am) Taking route I-8 to AZ state hwy 85 to 86 into Tucson, comes out about two blocks from the Holiday Inn. It will be a top down day through the desert.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark_Blodgett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Allen, What way are you going? Want to meet up with me and a friend in Yuma, Sunday morn?(around 10 or 11am) Taking route I-8 to AZ state hwy 85 to 86 into Tucson, comes out about two blocks from the Holiday Inn. It will be a top down day through the desert. </div></div>

I'd be glad to meet up Mark, glad you're going. Lets meet at the host hotel though, that way neither of us is left waiting for the other wink.gif

I haven't actually planned my route yet but likely I'll just drive to Phoenix then go south for an hour cool.gif

Alan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inventorgtp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3000 miles round trip, just a bit too far for me ..heck call it 400 in gas alone. </div></div>

But you didn't end up doing that road trip with your Pop, this could make up for it wink.gif

Alan

Well ole buddy ole pal of mine, Mr. Allan, maybe not on the getting in trouble on bringing back a 16 valve TC, the 1 of 11 Black Beauty 16 valve sold tonight on ebay. I am going to miss the ole girl. She was something special, she got a lot better after you and Rick doctored on her. I hope ole Kirby isn't watching, he and I will both start tearing up. It is going to someone that has wanted a 5 speed since they the TC's were new and he bought a buick reatta instead. So it may take me 18 or so years but I finally bring them over to the right side. ha ha Now I don't know if I want to take the yellow 5 speed off ebay now. If it sells, I will have no 5 speeds, and it has an unbelieveable reserve, and the Buy it Now is pretty special also. What will I do? Oh woahs me!. I got one out there though, that is real special that I am waiting patiently on. And anyone that knows ole lets buy 11 of these Maserati beauties in 60 days, Jasper, knows I am not known for my patience. ha ha I will see ya'll in a short time. I will be in on Saturday. When are you and Pat coming? Ask Pat if I owe him any parts? I owe someone some headlights. I need a reasonable top motor if you have one handy. I would gladly replace it shortly if I can borrow one today. Sound familiar? ha ha Tell them Jasper is a coming, and then we can all party-party. Jas

PS I do need a ginger armrest. Please put my name on one. Will bring a core for exchange. I will pick up one for Lou if you end up with an extra one, if you want me too Lou. I should have another core around here somewhere. Now Allan, you will notice I am getting much better, I did not even ask how much? Yes much much better. hahahahahah Give me a shout when you get a chance, or email me. Jas

PSS I wonder is anyone has pulled a 18 foot Donzi with a TC before? It would only be from Kansas City back to north alabama. Jas

Hey Guys,

Here's my set-up, Last weekend I made my first run after the "Hip". Went to see Mike (mtworkshop), down at Elizabeth City. I picked up an almost new soft top with a plastic window for my Grandaughter's car. She is coming down the 1st week in June. and I'll replace the worn out top on her '90. I would love to put on a good arm-rest at the same time. So Jasper between you & Alan just let me know.. I also need to know how much $ ?? I gave her the car but she pays for parts. (well almost maybe) She is a college kid but she has to at least think she is paying her own way.

Hey Jasper, I have not even looked at your top yet, I'll probably do it this week.. Thanks Guys, Lou (Gramp) HaHa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LouZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Guys,

Here's my set-up, Last weekend I made my first run after the "Hip". Went to see Mike (mtworkshop), down at Elizabeth City. I picked up an almost new soft top with a plastic window for my Grandaughter's car. She is coming down the 1st week in June. and I'll replace the worn out top on her '90. I would love to put on a good arm-rest at the same time. So Jasper between you & Alan just let me know.. I also need to know how much $ ?? I gave her the car but she pays for parts. (well almost maybe) She is a college kid but she has to at least think she is paying her own way.

Hey Jasper, I have not even looked at your top yet, I'll probably do it this week.. Thanks Guys, Lou (Gramp) HaHa </div></div>

Lou, will do what I can. Price and availability will be up to Allan of course, but I will try and take a core arm rest with me for him. Will do whatever I can.

Now your last statement about the top gives me chills, you know how, let me see what is the word I am looking for, oh yea, Particular you are! ha ha Take care and sending you an email today. Jasper

Look up 'unique' in Webster's, there is a picture of Jasper next to the definition. Little bit of craziness mixed in friend. We are leving Sunday am, we should be at the hotel by 3pm and ready for liquid refreshments. I'll have armrests and radio surrounds... You're not really gonna pull a boat with a TC are you? Tell me you jest blush.gif

Alan

Hey Jasper, It's OK you can describe me as a "Pain In The ---" some have called me worse. (tho never to my face)... Lou

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TwinCamFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inventorgtp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3000 miles round trip, just a bit too far for me ..heck call it 400 in gas alone. </div></div>

But you didn't end up doing that road trip with your Pop, this could make up for it wink.gif

Alan </div></div>my dad died in 1984, whats that got to do with this?

Hey Jasper,

Checked the Top Today.. Installed the Top Today. Prior to installation I lubed all the movable joints, and I had to straighten the 2 slide brackets that are mounted on the back window. I noticed they were both bent too far past 90 deg., and both bent the same way. I supported the bracket end secured to the window and CAREFULLY put pressure on the brackets to straighten them back to 90 deg.. One at a time. The top is Installed, Adjusted, Cleaned and treated with that special Porshe Top Stuff.. Looks very good..

Thanks, Lou

ps that stuff you eMailed me is nice; but I don't need anything. lz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TwinCamFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, thought you were gonna buy a TC this spring and drive it home with Dad as a father son project... Musta been someone else here blush.gif

Alan </div></div>bought mine 4 years ago

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TwinCamFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, thought you were gonna buy a TC this spring and drive it home with Dad as a father son project... Musta been someone else here blush.gif

Alan </div></div>

That would have been the Mad_B you're thinkin' about wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TwinCamFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look up 'unique' in Webster's, there is a picture of Jasper next to the definition. Little bit of craziness mixed in friend. We are leving Sunday am, we should be at the hotel by 3pm and ready for liquid refreshments. I'll have armrests and radio surrounds... You're not really gonna pull a boat with a TC are you? Tell me you jest blush.gif

Alan </div></div>

I am flying out tomorrow noon eastern. Will be in Tucson tomorrow early evening. I will have you a wet one sitting there when you get there. Call me when you are close. 256-777-0844. Yee gal dang hi, we are gonna raise some hell this weekend. I got a Dodge Charger coming at the airport. Now if I can con, I mean, talk them into a HEMI, we will, ahem, have some fun. Yep and we ain't going to no tire store on wednesday morning either, before it goes back. After you read this post it will automatically destruct to protect the Guilty! hahahahahahahahahah

Jasper is LOOSE and Lovin it.

PS Oh yea, I bought Rose a PT Cruiser when they 1st came out and I went and put a trailer hitch on it before I took it home. We used to put a 4 x 8 uhaul trailer behind it and put a few antiques in it and travel the weekends stopping by customers and friends houses and selling them antiques. They would laugh their, uh, Rears off when I would pull up in that PT Cruiser with a trailer behind. They would ask me if I had a trailer behind my tricycle when I was a kid, I would say no, but I did when I traded up to the pedal car. hahahahahahahahah To answer your question though, if I find a 5 speed out there, I would get a penske truck, one goes inside and the other behind. hmmm now guess which one goes where. hahahahahahah J

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TwinCamFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait, a wet what blush.gif? You know I'm strait right? Oh, you probably meant a libation. Phew, close call. See you Sunday you early bird wink.gif

AJ </div></div>

I knew it, I layed it out there fat and sweet, and I knew you would have to try and swat at it. hahahahahahah Jasper

Hey Boy, we don't run like dat!

In all the 'just getting here and settled' commontion, I didn't shoot any pictures yet but the sun will be up in an hour or so and I'll get some then smile.gif I counted 22 TC's here last night, a reasonable showing I sure wish it were 42 though... blush.gif

They were giving away a TC at last nights dinner cool.gif you shoulda seen the recipients face and reaction! I think she was just a little bit happy with her 'new' 91 white/blk/? TC smile.gif

Alan

Alan, Sorry I could not make it. [censored] me off I planed this trip for 3 months. Taking in NM and TX. How was I was to know I would end up in the hospital? If you can e mail me some pictures of the show I would like it. Who won the TC ?

Guest REDMAN

hey ,guys .sounds like a blast , we had 78 show up for our family reunion this week end ,iususly go to meets and shows ,but our anniversary was in this one . am sure i would like to have been in ariz . well maybe next year . pictures would be nice

Mark,

Karleen mentioned to the group last night about what happened. Things are just not as fun without ringmasters Mark and Meryl.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

As usual, Alan has been putting in very generous overtime taking care of member's little engine ills. He should be appointed "The Surgeon General of the TC" for all his work....

Mark, The show must go on even without you, many a kind words have been said about you (all lies I'm sure ;)) The 'show' portion is tomorrow, i'll put some pics up when I haven't had 10+ drinks in the bar whistle.gif It's a great meeting and not too hot

Alan