Teves ABS unit, pump, accumulator for sale

Guest dpannell

Guest dpannell

I have a good, working Teves ABS unit w/pump and accumulator that I may be listing on Ebay. I thought I'd offer it here first. Make a reasonable offer.

The unit was removed from an '89 Reatta that I bought for its windshield. Dave

• 2 weeks later...

You should start with the brake test at www.reatta.net. It may be the accumulater or the pressure switch for the red light and the amber light may then go out or you may then need abs sensor leads for the front wheels. At any rate do the test and report back with your results. There are guys on this forum that will easily tell you what you need.

At any rate welcome to the forum. We are here to try to keep your car roadworthy. How long have you owned it and do you have any pictures? Barney I am sure wants your VIN as well as any options and interior/exterior colors that your car has for a file he keeps.

You may also want to put your location and year of your car in your address so we can better help you.

You should start with the brake test at www.reatta.net. It may be the accumulater or the pressure switch for the red light and the amber light may then go out or you may then need abs sensor leads for the front wheels. At any rate do the test and report back with your results. There are guys on this forum that will easily tell you what you need.

At any rate welcome to the forum. We are here to try to keep your car roadworthy. How long have you owned it and do you have any pictures? Barney I am sure wants your VIN as well as any options and interior/exterior colors that your car has for a file he keeps.

You may also want to put your location and year of your car in your address so we can better help you.

Thanks I'll take the test tonight and report back. I have owned the car since 1989. I am the second owner and bought it with about 10k miles. It now has about 134k miles and has always been garaged and well maintained. Exterior color is silver and interior dark blue. I don't have any pictures, but will get some.

Thanks I'll take the test tonight and report back. I have owned the car since 1989. I am the second owner and bought it with about 10k miles. It now has about 134k miles and has always been garaged and well maintained. Exterior color is silver and interior dark blue. I don't have any pictures, but will get some.

I have several Reatta parts cars and always have good used ABS assemblies available as well as ABS parts. Dave is right. If your red light is on you may only need the pressure switch or pump. The red light is telling you the pressure is low or non-existant.

Now days there is almost no such thing as a good used accumulator but they are still available new from GM for about $ 140. As our cars are getting older the accumulators are getting bad and that causes the pump to run more often and wear out sooner. The pressure switch does go bad and when it does it will not start the pump. One good way of checking is to remove the connector on the pressure switch and look inside next to the pins. If there is even the smallest drop of moisture ( brake fluid ) in there the switch is bad. The pressure switch is mounted just above the pump/motor.

I have pressure switches and pump/motors available and can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

I have several Reatta parts cars and always have good used ABS assemblies available as well as ABS parts. Dave is right. If your red light is on you may only need the pressure switch or pump. The red light is telling you the pressure is low or non-existant.

Now days there is almost no such thing as a good used accumulator but they are still available new from GM for about $ 140. As our cars are getting older the accumulators are getting bad and that causes the pump to run more often and wear out sooner. The pressure switch does go bad and when it does it will not start the pump. One good way of checking is to remove the connector on the pressure switch and look inside next to the pins. If there is even the smallest drop of moisture ( brake fluid ) in there the switch is bad. The pressure switch is mounted just above the pump/motor.

I have pressure switches and pump/motors available and can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

Jim,

Replaced the accumulator on the coupe several years ago so I am OK on that car, but the Select Sixty (even with the 39000 miles) will need one soon I am sure from just plain old age.

Where is the most all around (ship and part together) reasonable vendor to buy one from please.....

Jim or any one that is knowledgable please?

Jim,

Replaced the accumulator on the coupe several years ago so I am OK on that car, but the Select Sixty (even with the 39000 miles) will need one soon I am sure from just plain old age.

Where is the most all around (ship and part together) reasonable vendor to buy one from please.....

Jim or any one that is knowledgable please?

Jim,

I replaced the accumulator last year and the problem appeared to go away initially. I noticed the lights and the crt would come on as the car was running for 30 minutes or so. I don't drive the car that much at any time, and sometimes just a short ride nothing would come on.

I'll take a look at the switch as you suggested and see if I see anything. Any other thoughts? Iam guessing it might be the pump and motor.

Thanks

Jim,

I replaced the accumulator last year and the problem appeared to go away initially. I noticed the lights and the crt would come on as the car was running for 30 minutes or so. I don't drive the car that much at any time, and sometimes just a short ride nothing would come on.

I'll take a look at the switch as you suggested and see if I see anything. Any other thoughts? Iam guessing it might be the pump and motor.

Thanks

If you did not see any brake fluid next to the pins inside the connector on the pressure switch it still could be bad. Next time the red light stays on with the key on, put your hand on the pump motor and you should feel is slightly vibrating, running. If not you can tap on the motor and it might start. If it does, the motor/pump is probably bad although since the pressure switch is mounted directly above this taping might also cause the pressure switch to work and start the pump.

If you decide you want either a pump/motor or pressure switch send me an email at jfinn@cpinternet.com

If you did not see any brake fluid next to the pins inside the connector on the pressure switch it still could be bad. Next time the red light stays on with the key on, put your hand on the pump motor and you should feel is slightly vibrating, running. If not you can tap on the motor and it might start. If it does, the motor/pump is probably bad although since the pressure switch is mounted directly above this taping might also cause the pressure switch to work and start the pump.

If you decide you want either a pump/motor or pressure switch send me an email at jfinn@cpinternet.com

Those are very good prices. 6 months ago I bought one at my local dealer to send to a fellow in Switzerland and with my discount I paid about $ 135.

You do have to be carful at these on line sites as some of them, particularily gmpartsdirect, have high shipping prices.

If someone does buy an accumulator from either place please post the shipping costs.

As I mentioned I have bought about 20 used accumulators recently and only two were good. I had to throw away the others. I am tempted to buy a couple of spares if the prices are close to $ 100 as our cars are going to need them and good used ones are non-existant. The prices will only go up and there probably never be any options.

Those are very good prices. 6 months ago I bought one at my local dealer to send to a fellow in Switzerland and with my discount I paid about $ 135.

You do have to be carful at these on line sites as some of them, particularily gmpartsdirect, have high shipping prices.

If someone does buy an accumulator from either place please post the shipping costs.

As I mentioned I have bought about 20 used accumulators recently and only two were good. I had to throw away the others. I am tempted to buy a couple of spares if the prices are close to $ 100 as our cars are going to need them and good used ones are non-existant. The prices will only go up and there probably never be any options.

I purchased an accumulator from gmpartsdirect.com on 5/13/07. Accumulator was $112.00 shipping was $19.19 for a total of $131.19. They make a lot off shipping. Actual shipping would have been about $9.00. Still they were the cheapest price I could find at that time.

I purchased an accumulator from gmpartsdirect.com on 5/13/07. Accumulator was $112.00 shipping was $19.19 for a total of $131.19. They make a lot off shipping. Actual shipping would have been about $9.00. Still they were the cheapest price I could find at that time.