Received Production Card

Guest Harry Connors

Guest Harry Connors

I received the production card for my 1948 Lincoln Continental Coupe today from the Ford Museum. Really fast turn around of about 10 days from the time I mailed my letter to receiving the reply and I am stationed with the Army in Germany!

The card proved me right in that the original color of the car was a metallic Valley Green (does anyone have a mix fomular for it). The Continental Coupe (571) was manufactured on 27 Jan 1948 – it came with a radio, heater, overdrive, chrome bands (PLEASE SOMEONE - WHAT IS THAT), fog lamps and side mirror. The tires were Goodrich white walls and the interior was in green leather and whipcord – I guess I will have to rethink my palns on putting in the all-new pre-cut pre-sewn very nice brown leatherette interior that I have. I think that was long enough, either I sell the leatherette interior and purchase the correct colors or install the leatherette and wait until it is worn and then replace it. My wife is not a fan of any type of leather or leatherette seats so she is voting to replace it but she does not want me to spend any more money on the car – I have already spent my last years performance bonus but I did get an nice dual carburetor Edelbrock manifold for the V12 and a bunch of missing/needed parts from Rolf.

The car originally went to Texas to Ray (or Roy) Murray Motors in Houston. Has anyone ever heard of that dealer? This matches the paperwork that I found in one of those sealed boxes (Does anyone know how to get that musty smell out of old paper and books). There were registration papers showing that the car was registered in Texas before going to New Mexico, which is where the German found it and imported it here to Germany. He never drove it or registered it here so I will just use the New Mexico title to get in registered in my name and use it to import it back to the States when I come home later this year. Harry

Harry, the "chrome" bands were probally the wide stainless steel "beauty rings" that fit on the 15" wheels, why they would call them chrome I would have no idea, I am working on a set as we speak, and thankfully they are very much stainless steel, otherwise I wouldn't have a ghost of a chance to repair them-

YES, MY CAR WAS SOLD TO ELY BLOODWORTH IN NORTH CAROLINA

ANY ONE KNOW OF HIM??

A 41 CUSTOM I HAD SAID "USED AT ROTUNDA FORD H/Q" SUPPOSEDLY

OWNED BY FORD COUSIN 168H3157

THE 41 YELLOW CONNIE IN AZ THAT A MEMBER HERE HAS WAS OWNED BY DANCER PAUL DRAPER

FUN STUFF

Guest imported_V12Bill

Usually the factory build sheet shows the distributor that received the car and sometimes the dealership.

AND SOMETIMES THE OWNER AS I POINTED OUT FROM 3 CARS I KNEW

FIRST HAND..

IN THE OLD DAYS.. U COULD GO UP AND LOOK THROUGH THE PICTURES AND STUFF..

ARCHIVES WERE HOUSED SEVERAL DIFFERENT PLACES...BUT MOVED AND DAMAGED FROM FIRES..NOW SEEM TO HAVE RESTED IN A REALLY

COOL SPOT NEXT TO GREENFIELD VILLAGE, ADDITION TO MUSEUM...

Guest Harry Connors

I ordered my build sheet from

Benson Ford Research Center

P.O. Box 1970;

Dearborn MI 48121-1970

It cost $20.00, please be sure to include the year, model, chassis number, and body number. The engine and transmission numbers if you have them would also be to send to assist them. Harry

I must be doing something wrong as I checked to see who handles this type of request and also if a form is needed to be filled out. I sent an e-mail and received a reply thanking me for inquiring. I was told it takes 2-4 wks to reply and I could check out outside research fees at BF research. I need an address,who to make a check to and some way to tell them what I am after.I have all the info about the car but don't know what to do with it. HELP