A LOT of car for your dollar

Matt Harwood

Came across this whilst browsing today:

1941 Cadillac 63 sedan

I suspect it looks better in photos than it does in person, but that's a great-looking car in close-to-usable condition (if the description can be believed) for the price of a used Hyundai. This is a perfect "starter" hobby car that would be very roadworthy and capable of being driven without reservations. Someone had a friend looking for a big Buick Limited--perhaps he should check this one out, too.

Someone jump on it before I have to... laugh.gif

Thanks Matt, that was me - I will pass this along, I think, but am not sure this is where my brother in law purchased his '65 GTO convertible, a nice, street quality restoration. If so it is a pretty straight up dealer, although I would imagine shipping is up quite a bit in 6 years. This looks like a pretty original car ~

Thanks, Steve

Guest ZondaC12

WOW that's awesome.

I see something like this and can't help but think about all of my friends in high school whose parents obviously shelled out 15-20k for them to have a brand-new or almost new car. Jeez what I'd do in their shoes! Buy this and then spend 500-1000 on a 4dr beater that has the driver's side door duck taped closed so I have to climb in from the backseat and it burns some oil and looks as beaten as it is! It would be oh so worth it!!!!

Looks like she could use a wiring harness (the first step in what has turned into a bigger job--sometimes) but a good-enough looking old car. I'm a Packard man through and through, but you just can't beat a '41 Cadillac. You get everything right with one of those and you have a wonderful tour car. As durable as driving your modern car. (meaning you can drive long distances without worry)