FS: 41 Zephyr

Guest Johnpaul Ragusa

Guest Johnpaul Ragusa

Hey everyone,

As some of you know, I lost some floor space at my garage and am thinning out the ranks. I just put my Zephyr up on Ebay. Its a driving original. Havent done a thing to it cosmetically and she rides great and everything except the radio works.

Asking $17,500 (went by Manheim for value) and that pretty much in line with what I own her at.

Bid if you want but if someone here wants her I'll listen to offers and end the auction.

Ebay link

Hello Johnpaul,

This looks like a very nice car. Three questions come to mind:

1. Does the car still have the Columbia overdrive axle installed? The speedometer correction gearbox is still visible as is the vacuum connection to the Columbia control, but the rear underside view looks like a regular rear axle.

2. Are the fender skirts available with the car?

3. Is there a spare tire and wheel with the car?

Thanks,

Phil Knapp

Guest Johnpaul Ragusa

Phil

I do have the skirts. Great shape but in primer. No spare

The car does have the original Columbia 2-Speed Axle. I went and double checked it this morning.

My question is how much does the axle affect the value?

Guest imported_V12Bill

Looking at the pictures I notice that the interior is the custom interior with the rear seat center arm rest, broadcloth upolstry, and gold trim on the dash. On the minus side, the chromed pot metal is pitting, the paint shows rust coming through in specks and the moths have been feasting on the seats. Look down a few subjects and you will see a 41 sedan that has original paint and chrome with new interior that was purchased for $15,000.

Guest Johnpaul Ragusa

I saw that car also. It sounded like he got a steal on it. I went to manheim and NADA and in "good" condition its $17k on Manheim. NADA is harder to judge but they add 10% for the Columbia 2-Speed Rear Axle as well.

I bought the car last year and with what I put into it (mechanical only) and shipping I am really within a stones throw of what I am asking. Did I overpay when I bought it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnpaul Ragusa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw that car also. It sounded like he got a steal on it.</div></div>

Yes...I did get a fantastic price on mine at $15,000. But I had to get two appraisels to get my loan, and both came in much higher (one at $28,700 and rated it as a class 3, the other came in at $32,000 and was rated it as a class 2).

So you're asking price John Paul is not out of line at all...I just got one heck of a deal!

I don't know about e-bay, sometimes cars go stupid high, other times great deals can be had. For top dollar, check with RM auctions, they seem to be getting the most out of buyers, (on quality cars) marginal cars or beaters aren't selling well now, they tend to do a little better in the late spring-early summer.

Guest Johnpaul Ragusa

I have to say Ebay is really turning into a place I would rather avoid. I've bought everything from cars to Star Wars legos for my son but recently its turned into a bargain basement mentality for cars. Im getting buy it now requests for 50% of value and its like they are doing me a favor. I dont mind trying to find a bargain but telling me I am crazy for not sellng my #3 56 MK II for $18k? Its been like that alot lately. Maybe I am just noticing it now that I need to move out a bunch of cars at once but I know I am not alone thinking it. My 40 Buick Limited sold last week and now the buyer is MIA. Just came in, bid with less than 1hr to go, and hasnt done a thing since. I know I am never going to see a dime and now I have to fight Ebay just to get the relisting fee and the final value fee back. It's basically $100-$125 for nothing.

The only car I've bought off of ebay was a parts car that I knew was trashed before I got it. Cars are such a big $$ item, I would have difficulty making a reasonable bid without seeing it in person. If I were you, I'd advertise in TWOTZ *or* take pics to the swap meet in March.

the problem is, most dont drive the cars..so a 4 door is least value, 4 people in a 60 year old car..is a rarity......most produced equals limited demand.

your car is beautiful..i would love it, but if i am gonna pay "top " dollar for a car, in this barrett jackson 500,000 mustangs enviroment, with possible resale/investment on the mind,... it will have to appeal on a couple levels..collectable..nostalgic..popular appeal..novelty or rarity...cause zephyrs have more value

with crate motors ..(see twotz current issue), see scrape etc... Even the editor of 12 cyl restores club, prints those photos with zeal......

Guest Johnpaul Ragusa

Well I have less than 2 days to go and not near where I need it to be. Dropped the price to $14,900 in case anyone is interested.

Guest Johnpaul Ragusa

Well it didnt make it to reserve. If anyone here wants it please let me know. I'll take a reasonable offer. I have to move out the space by Feb 22nd so she can stay put until then if needed.

Email me at Johnpaul.Ragusa@Sprint.Com or 914 557 0555