Want A Buick Wildcat?

Hank

• 5 weeks later...

Wow, one guy owns 7 functional Reattae? I read Jim Finn has 12 parts cars, but 7 running is crazy. That's gotta cost him some bucks! I can see why he'd have 3 parts cars. As to the Wildcat, man that is a smokin' car.

The only bad thing I can say about it is that it will rob us Reatta owners the distinction of having the only Buick 2 seater ever made. Then again, we can still claim to have the only production two seater, as the Wildcat is more like a custom job being built to order.

Have they announced that there will be a production limit on this? The price is enough to induce cardiac arrest for average guys like me, so there is an inherently small market. That said, I'll bet they keep the numbers low like Cadillac did with the XLR, and Ford did with the Thunderbird. Of course, Ford never even built up to their announced production limit on that car. Still didn't do much to keep the value up. A 2004 Thunderbird blue books out at around 1/2 of what it cost new already.

Overall, I'm just glad to see Buick doing something like this. Anything that builds the brand image and helps the public perception of the company is good. Also good for the General by extension.

KDirk

???????? what does buick have to do with this? other than producing the concept car 50 years ago?

Correct me if I am wrong. This is a "kit car" not a production or even a thought of a production, just a kit car that you bolt or have them bolt on to an other cars frame. But it is a very nice looking car.

CLICK ON THE "PRODUCTION PROCESS"

It seems that Buick's first version of the fiberglass bodied Wildcat concept car was brought out in 1953 which was the same year the Corvette was put into production. Who copied who? The Wildcat has a strickingly similiar backend to the first Corvette and seeing Corvette was in production in 53--not just a concept car, maybe Buick borrowed some design ideas from Chevy or... ? ;-) See Article See also Another article

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 'Reatta1'</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wellguys and gals, boys and girls, here is the Wildcat I want!!! </div></div>

Reatta1, the Buick Wildcat rendering you posted, was it ever made into a concept car, if so, in what year?

Guest Reatta1

WWEBB, that Wildcat supposedly made it's debut at the auto show in China. What I've heard is that it is due to be available in the next three years. (drool)