HELP! I need some Reatta Advice

serb

Ebay # 250193790070

Ebay # 290188114350

What do you guys think of these cars? If you have any better leads, please offer it. My wife has always loved Reattas and now we are on the hunt for one somewhere (hopefully) on the east coast.

Thanks for your advice and input.

Stevo

I'm no Reatta expert Stevo, But I have been watching the market as of late. I have a number of cars in my eBay just to see what they bring based on miles and condition. The Convetibles seem to always bring better than $4500 and some of the really nice very low mile convetibles in rare colors have been averaging $14,000 to $15,000. The red/saddle bag ones seem to bring the least $ and are the most plentyful.

I also saw a Select 60 that only went to about $8,500 and did not meet the reserve.

I have been told it would be much better to buy a southen car because of rust issues in the north that you and I know about so well.

There is one in Texas with 97xxx miles on it that only got up to around $5,000 and it has been relisted. I called on it and the reserve was $10,500.

It seem there are all kinds of prices out there. I guess if you like the car and the price. Go for it. smile.gif Dave!

Both are certainly nice looking cars. Whatever vehicle you decide upon, plan on spending, at a minimum, $1500.00, to get some routine mainentance items up to date. For example, struts, brake issues, tires, tuneup, fluid flushes, etc.

Here is the Ebay number for the select 60 Stevo. 270193482244. This is the same one that was on recently and has been relisted. grin.gif

If they only made one Maui Blue with those white seats. I'd be in Heaven....... whistle.gif Dave!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comeback. I have been gone all day so I just got here to check things out. I do not want a coupe, a convertible is definitely the thing. Dandy Dave, I was going to send you a pm today because I know that you have been paying real close attention to this over the last couple of weeks. Barney, thanks. I guess I should check my emails for spelling and content before I hit the send button.

I do not mean to dis anyone with a tan interior but that is definitely one that I would not want unless the outside was brown or gold. I like a dark interior so the rugs do not show too much from my shoes. My wife had a Black Regal GSE with a very light grey interior and I would not even get into it for fear of getting the rug dirty. I do not care wlhat kind of mat is in the car, the rug still gets dirty. I would not expect it to be a daily driver so it would not get a lot of wear and tear but I would still stay away from the light rugs.

Thanks and you can still offer more input so that I can get all of the ins and outs. I will keep lurkin' and lookin'.

NYBobP, I'll be getting in touch with you to see what your plans are.

Stevo

How do you feel about flame red interior?

Are you ready to own the only 1991 Black/black/flame red Reatta convertible on the road? Black Beauty won't compete with the CS Super-snake twin SC Cobra, but may make Barret-Jackson next time.

To find this extremely rare creature, goto Jay Leno's Garage - community - your garage, and search for Reatta, Black Beauty is the only one there, can't miss her.