Heartland Regional

dkbuick75

The 2007 BCA Heartland Regional is being held this week at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson 1250 S Moorland Rd in Brookfield, Wi 262-782-1400

Show day is Sat, 8/25/07- This years Regional is a relaxed event with the Saturday show being a non judged event. I believe it may be too late register, but you are welcome to come kick tires and BS (Buick Speak)with other BCA/Heartland members. Saturday show time is 10am to 3pm

This years event hosted by the Cream City Chapter.

Guest imported_Thriller

I'd love to be there (especially the brewery tour), but I just couldn't manage two big trips this summer...sigh.

I'm looking forward to hearing about it and seeing the photos though.

Guest wildcat62

Hey, Don and I are here-where's the rest of youse? smile.gif

Derek, I'm sorry you couldn't come but we'll make sure you get lots of pictures.

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smartin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We're at the Dells right now...taking it easy for a few days before we hit Brookfield...

See you there! </div></div>

So, have you looked out the back end of a duck yet? We stopped in at the Dells on the way home from Flint in 2003.

Guest imported_Thriller

LOL...looks like it is going to continue for a bit...should have gone to the National instead - it was drier in Seattle grin.gif

So perhaps right now I'm not exactly wishing I was there, although I would have liked the brewery tour...he said taking another sip from his Gibson's Finest 12 year old...sigh.

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smartin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alright...but you only get one for now whistle.gif

</div></div>

Well, at least it's a start. I'd sort of hoped to attend myself, but couldn't work it out with Suzanne back at work.

Guest imported_Thriller

Hmmm...that blue boat tail seems like it could belong to Madam Secretary wink.gif

Here are some photos that RivGS sent to me.

post-33068-143137946638_thumb.jpg

post-33068-143137946641_thumb.jpg

post-33068-143137946644_thumb.jpg

post-33068-143137946647_thumb.jpg

post-33068-14313794665_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wildcat62

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thriller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm...that blue boat tail seems like it could belong to Madam Secretary wink.gif

</div></div>

Could be...could be...

I kinda remember having a red one like that too...hmmm. smirk.gif

Guest wildcat62

It was a nice show. 82 cars registered, two no-shows. About 50-60 people on the tours. Was on the SHORTEST brewery tour ever at Sprecher's. 10 minute tour followed by an hour of beer "testing" and sodas. Yummy cream soda! Regional meeting was well attended and lots of people came out to Brookfield despite enough rain to make the animals line up in twos.

I know I saw at least two wildcats...skylarks...

Had a good time. Thanks to those who came out and maybe we'll see you all down in Topeka next year.

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcat62</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thriller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm...that blue boat tail seems like it could belong to Madam Secretary wink.gif

</div></div>

Could be...could be...

I kinda remember having a red one like that too...hmmm. smirk.gif </div></div>

That I've not seen, so wouldn't know about....

Are you sure those were cream sodas that were tasty or a cream ale? wink.gifcool.gif

Topeka? Hmmm...about 800 miles pretty much just straight down I-29...hmm.

Guest wildcat62

Derek, my joke is calling the 72 the red car. You've seen it before...just after the paint job. That's the only way to tell all those blue cars apart. wink.gif

Topeka looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. They are planning a day long BDE style tour and also touring a home that used to be a missile silo.

post-37573-143137948494_thumb.jpg

Kris

Change it back to its original maroon--- then you can tell it apart from the other 2 blue cars--- LOL!!!!!!

There is a slight difference in the body styles of the other "blue" cars that is noticable--, especially the one that doesn't appear to have headlights. lol!!!

BTW-- with your car living up to its name ("BOATtail")in Milwaukee, did you ever find source of water leak in trunk or was it just from the excessive drenching of WI rainwater?

If it is any consolation-- mine was slightly damp also toward the rear by tail-lamps. It has never leaked before in 32 years of ownership. Sure surprised me to find that when I unloaded trunk at home that Sat night. However, we did have a pleasant 2 hr ride home back to the "Southside" with the top down