1954 Century model 66-R in TX., estate sale

Pete Phillips

I have known this Buick Century since 1999 when I first bought it, and restored it the following year with new paint, tires, brakes, rechromed bumpers, carpet, and a valve job. Sold it to a friend of mine in 2002 to help finance my tuition at McPherson College. He replaced the original upholstery with correct fabric from SMS Auto Fabrics and had the front suspension  rebuilt. He drove it quite a bit on tours and to shows and kept it garaged. Unfortunately, he died this week of an aneurism (sp?) and his wife needs $$ for funeral and medical expenses, etc. So she has asked me to sell it. It's what you would call an "older restoration" because it has half a dozen paint chips and the engine could stand to be detailed again, but it runs and drives just fine, has no rust, and can be driven anywhere. Located in Bonham, Texas 75418 which is 70 miles NE of Dallas. Engine is the original 322 with a four-barrel carburetor, single exhaust, Dynaflow, AM radio, clock, no power steering. Everything on the car is correctly done to 1954 Buick specifications. It was the cover car on the February 2008 issue of the Bugle and you can read about in in that issue (I have copies available for sale). The color is a pale green body with metallic green top, and a dark green interior. Price is $15,000 or a close offer.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

pphillips922@gmail.com

54 Century.jpg

Edited by Pete Phillips
what color (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...