quarter glass no draft window scoop

Summershandy

That's the best I can describe it. I saw an old pontiac that had what looked like a chrome clip on scoop looking thing on his front door quarter glass. I assumed it was to aid with air flow when glass was open. I can't for the life of me find a picture and have tried every keyword I could. This didn't look original. If someone has one or can get me better wording I'd appreciate it. I'm interested. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Summershandy said:

Not quite. They looked a like teardrop shape and curved. Mounted on the quarter glass. Not very big. 

Like these?

Breezies.thumb.jpg.3d3e617be8c330d7af900f2a29d34525.jpg

They're called Breezies (not to be confused with brassieres of the same name ?) - they're also available in several different colors of translucent plastic.  Search eBay for "Breezies deflector" (without quotes) - lots of them there for $10 - $15 per pair.

Edited by CHuDWah (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Summershandy said:

The orange tinted ones would go good with my hood ornament. Thanks Craig.

Here's a NOS pair for $20:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-PAR-All-Weather-Breezies-Vintage-Accessory-Vent-Wing-Window-Deflectors-NIB/382531874073?hash=item5910ad2d19%3Ag%3AmyAAAOSwxalbWSbt&_pgn=1&_sacat=0&_nkw=breezies+deflector&_from=R40&rt=nc

Or a repop pair for $12:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Orange-Amber-Accessory-Vent-Wing-Window-Air-Deflector-Breeze-Breezies-Pair/371109516261?hash=item5667d9d3e5%3Ag%3ABrkAAOSwrslad1xT&_pgn=1&_sacat=0&_nkw=breezies+deflector&_from=R40&rt=nc

On 7/30/2018 at 2:40 PM, 8E45E said:

I've also seen those in difference colored see-thru plastic besides the chrome ones.  Of course, they never stood up as well as the chrome versions.

Craig

Yeah, the stainless should hold up better.  But most antique cars aren't driven much so the plastic should last a while, and they're cheap enough one can afford to replace them when they wear out.

Edited by CHuDWah (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Summershandy said:

Wow, I think the NOS pair look cool! I was debating about them because I'm leaving my original. No aftermarket accessories. Wonder how far back these date? Something to think about. 

As they are 'clip-on' with having to drill any holes, that should not be an issue.  They will add to the 'cool factor' at an all-make car show.  

For example, I know some who drive otherwise original cars with modern (and safer) radials mounted on mag wheels, but have a second set of the original style bias-plies on the original wheels & hubcaps in the garage for serious car shows where originality counts.

Craig

5 hours ago, Summershandy said:

Wow, I think the NOS pair look cool! I was debating about them because I'm leaving my original. No aftermarket accessories. Wonder how far back these date? Something to think about. 

Well, the box design (not to mention condition) looks old, but who knows?  Dunno about that particular pair but I'd guess Breezies in general go back at least as far as your car.  Like 8E45E says, they're easy enough to take off if you want to go back to original.