1931 Chrysler CG transmission parts

akroemer

Too expensive to make...…..you may have a three speed in your future. I was quoted 3500 each twenty years ago if we made ten cluster gears for Pierce cars. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 2:32 PM, akroemer said:

I need the 2nd--R sliding gear and a cluster gear for a 1931 CG.  It is a one year only 4 speed.   The CH and CL are 3 speed. Any leads would be appreciated.  Al Kroemer

Is the 31 Chrysler CD8 trans the same?

Unfortunately the CG transmission is a one year one model only.  So I'm having new gears cut.

We have what I consider a reasonable price to make both gears, so absent finding replacements, I'll go that way.  Joe Morgan and others more knowledgeable than I am have told me the amount of machining and modifications required to fit the 3 speed makes that an uneconomical retrofit.

11 hours ago, akroemer said:

We have what I consider a reasonable price to make both gears, so absent finding replacements, I'll go that way.  Joe Morgan and others more knowledgeable than I am have told me the amount of machining and modifications required to fit the 3 speed makes that an uneconomical retrofit.

The 31 CD8 also used a four speed transmission.

• 1 year later...
On 7/21/2018 at 10:18 AM, akroemer said:

Hi.  What company makes these gears ??  Thanx.

• 3 months later...