Scammers and spammers on this site

I can’t believe it... there are as many scam robots on this site as craigslist. I put a post in the Parts Wanted page on here and I have gotten 3 messages saying they have what I am looking for and to text them. I’m not texting somebody that I haven’t talked to so I message them back and they don’t respond. I looked at their profiles and they had all signed up a day or two ago. Is there a way to report members you suspect as being robots? When you try to look more in depth at their profile, luckily, my internet explorer won’t let me continue because of “too many pop up pages.” I never thought on this site we would be experiencing scammers. 

As thhas been posted many times, if you receive a private message from someone who has zero posts there is a 99+% chance that they are a scammer. Hit the report button on the private message which will allow the moderators to see the suspected scam message. As soon as we can check it out, the scammer will be removed. If someone registers on the site and does not post anything but just send private messages, there is no way for the moderators to know about the scam attempt unless the message is reported. 

If it sounds to good to be true, it is a scam. If they don't have a track record of posts on the forum to identify them as a legitimate hobbyist, it is most likely a scam. Report them, don't waste your money.

• Like 2

Remember the old days when  you placed a parts wanted ad in Hemmings,? seldom ever heard of anyone getting stung, and NEVER by an ad in any of the club publications. Or when you actually called someone in an ad that had the part and the sent it to you before the check went out because they were going to UPS the next day and they did not want to make two trips, and the seller said just send the check when you get a chance....  

• Like 1