1957 Roadmaster Convertible

BUICK RACER

• 1 month later...

… nice overall presentation …. note the factory air cleaner showing correct original factory spot welds on the lid and the factory original tangerine A/C silk screened instructions at that location , nice touch … not white or stuck on with a decal ….  btw notice the white instructions on the power steering reservoir …  I like it but… and just to be my usual taddy on originality ... fairly confident they discontinued the white lettering and especially the decal on the valve cover caps by at least the 1956 model year line up ... anyone want to be picky too and comment on that  ?  - uncle dave

I agree with Uncle Dave.  Those are easy fixes though.  It is a beautiful car, but problematic for an originality nut, which makes the price too high.  A big thing for me is that the interior is done incorrectly, so there's a $10k cost to redo that.  Also, it's got one of those goofy paint codes again so who knows what the original colors actually were.  If investigation found the original color to be different then an entire repaint would be required.

51 minutes ago, Y-JobFan said:

I think(not 100% sure) a search through old Buick Bugles will result in finding an article on this car, I believe this was Bob Cushman's car and if so I believe it was a high ranking Buick execs car originally or had an interesting history.  

That is correct. 

• Like 1

I don't know if it is still with it, but at the time it was a major player on the show circuit it had a ton of info with it.  Bob didn't due thing halfazzed so I have no doubt it was done as it came.   As I said, it was a special build for a Buick exec.  Try to find someone with a list of the Bugles and the highlights of what's in each one and you should be able to get some good info in it.  I think he used to have a large sign that had alot of the info on it.  This restoration is pushing 30 years and it still looks mighty good.  

• Like 1