Poor Reatta lost its mind

mhuppertz

Well, the new temp sensor lasted one day. Now my poor car has list its mind, flashing that it is too hot and cutting the A/C, then electrical problems, then sticking at a reading of 118, then low oil (it's not low, and I replaced the sensor last fall), and one and on.

Codes:

E014

E022

B122

B123

B482

B446

B450

I replaced the TPS and had it set to .4v, replaced the coil pack and controller... battery cables are nice and tight (and clean). 

This is hard because it's my daily driver.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Mark

I had a Corvette that started sending me lots of codes and ran rough. Turned out the ECM (Electronic Control Module) had a crack in the board and it was sending random codes. I replaced it and that solved the problem, no more code . Hope this helps.

Interesting news, I plugged in the old temp sensor and the Reatta gained its former composure, as it were. 

So the new sensor lasted one day then sent the ECU into munchkin land. Go figure.

Going to get one from Napa tomorrow.

I agree with Ronnie. If the behavior changed with the sensor change then it needs further scrutiny. Some GM models with the same engine may use two sensors of some type for differing purposes but the Reatta only uses one two wire sensor and the ECM/BCM does the rest. Not exactly the same, but I had a Saturn many years ago which used two sensors. One for the gauge and one for the ECM. A common problem was for the ECM sensor to fail (poor design) and the car would become almost undriveable while the gauge read normally. While not the same, it does indicate seemingly unrelated things can act up with a bad signal.