1955 model 41-D for parts or restore, Texas car

Pete Phillips

No rust-through that I can see. 1955 Buick Special with factory A/C, Dynaflow, solid floors, engine is no good and stuck but I suppose it could be rebuilt. $250 as-is, located in northeastern Texas and I have a title for it. Shows 10,000 miles which I assume is 110,000. The front clip is on another car and will cost extra if I have to take that off and put it with this one. I think this one is best as a parts car. Needs to be moved in next 60 days because the property is being sold.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

IMG_7000resized 55.jpg

IMG_7001resized.jpg

IMG_7002resized.jpg

IMG_7003resized.jpg

IMG_7004resized.jpg

• Like 1

The A/C dash controls are there--see the little chrome panel hanging down below the dash--someone unscrewed it from the dash. I think all of the A/C components are there. If you are really serious, I will pull the hood and the cover off of the motor and go look again. Come on, guys, don't make me take this to the salvage yard!

The money isn't the problem.  It's a 20 hour drive (one way) for me.  I don't own a flatbed or a truck.  I also don't have any space for it.  Otherwise, I would be on my way to pick it up.  I really hope someone on here can save it.  

Still available. It will need a set of used tires because the ones on it are flat and rotted. I have taken the hood off of the other car and set it with this car--the hood that belongs with it originally. Will need about $700 in labor to remove the grille, bumper, bumper guards, braces, fenders, upper grille bar, etc. from the other car and put them on this one, and I probably won't have time to do that until after the BCA national meet.

Pete

IMG_7328.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is serious about this on the east coast I'm willing to help.  I have a truck and a lil time off. I can even help with the front clip swap so as to reduce the labor costs...  fuel and hotels would be on you though. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kosage Chavis said:

Matt, Mr Lamar...looks like the 3 of us are the only ones interested.  What can we do?  

I seriously doubt @MrEarl is interested at this time, but I might be wrong.   What parts are you interested in specifically @Kosage Chavis ?   I split cars with other members and it's worked out well....  I have the advantage of having space here, so I could keep the car and give you just the pieces you wanted if we split. I am only interested if I got the correct 55 front end.  PM me.

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

I seriously doubt @MrEarl is interested at this time, but I might be wrong.   What parts are you interested in specifically @Kosage Chavis ?   I split cars with other members and it's worked out well....  I have the advantage of having space here, so I could keep the car and give you just the pieces you wanted if we split. I am only interested if I got the correct 55 front end.  PM me.

Pm sent.

45 minutes ago, Pete Phillips said:

The black '56 Special 2-dr. hardtop with the white roof is still available, too. Asking $4000 for it, will listen to all offers. I have everything to go back on it (1956 front clip) except for one fender. Original paint, rust-free Dallas, Texas car.

Pete Phillips

I know where there might be a fender.  I think it's going to be hard to sell either car with the mismatched set up, and $700 is just too much for me to foot to have a front clip removed.  Whats the price for the front clip (over the 250 aksing for the car) if someone else did the labor?

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)

The white '55 is sold as of tonight, to one of the guys who works in my shop. He came up with the $$$. He will probably do the labor to switch the front clips out, put some used tires on it, and put it up for sale again to recover his time, etc. I'll keep you posted, if anyone is still interested.

The black and white '56 is still available.

Pete

• Like 1