Cadillac flower truck?

Xander Wildeisen

$100,000 Hudson pick up for sale! Well, I'm thinking that the seller likely meant $10,000. I don't consider this one much of a bargain because it sits on an S10 frame. Maybe someone here may like that part, though. I'm really only posting this C/L bargain because the of relative interest in Hudson pickups. I thought that some of you might find it a little bit interesting in that it's a Hudson pickup that isn't a Big Boy. At least I'm pretty sure it's not. It's not always easy tell the difference by the way that people photographed them. I sort of go by the relative distance between the rear fenders and the back edge of the cab. I don't recall the model numbers for either model, but I'm sure someone will. Personally, I like the proportions of both the short and long wheel base ones. I think that having a cab that's substantial in appearance is beneficial in both cases.

https://siouxcity.craigslist.org/cto/d/1946-hudson-project-truck/6499354429.html

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

Looks like the short bed. Stock frame would work just fine. You can change out the front suspension with less work then putting a S-10 frame under it. The cabs look better when stretched, fits better with the long hood and bed. I used a coupe roof on my truck, that gave me the drip rails and matched the curve of the coupe doors to the curve of the top. Two door sedan doors are straight across the top. Here is mine under construction, lots of work, truck was on a hog farm. All I used was the frame and cab, had to replace all other parts. It was a sad old truck.:( I wrapped it all up when I came back from a commercial break. (like seen on TV)

20130701_121550.jpg

20130703_191020.jpg

Wow! I am surprised. I thought it started with four bling wheels, disc brakes, and a dual master cylinder. Then the other stuff was attached.

Huh. And where is the guy who stands by the car while he waits to have his arms surgically uncrossed?

Bernie

• Like 1