1957 Bel Air 4-Door Sedan For Sale

A friend of mine from the Long Island VCCA asked me to send information about a car for sale that AACA members might be interested in.  Please see the information below and the attached photo.  The car is located on Long Island.  I haven't seen the car, I'm just passing along the photo and information.  My friend works in an upholstery/restoration shop.

This is a customer’s car that he inherited.

1957 Bel Air 4 door sedan

White over black.

Nice clean interior probably re-done several years ago.

283 V-8 with rebuilt Powerglide.  The 283 runs well but unsure if it has been gone through.  It appears to be original.

All new brakes.

4 new Coker wide whites.

Could use paint and some TLC.

$12,000

Call 917-685 7162  and ask for Arthur

57 Bel Air for sale.png

You will probably find more interest from a local market ,as 57 Chevies being fairly common, seem to languish on the country wide market unless they are really unique in one way or another.  I had a twin in Seafoam green type color in very nice condition and only had local interest when I sold it a few years ago.  The same seems to be true for Mustangs and 55-57 Tbirds. 

Good luck in your sale. 

Jetsmooth is just putting out there for someone else in our local Chevy region who has seen the car in the shop where he works, but I agree with your comments four door sedan 57's are rather common everywhere for 12K, but as they say in the NYS lottery commercial "hey ya never know" 

I'm not trying to discourage him,  I was merely trying to tell him he may get little response nationally as there is alot of competition in most cases much closer for that share of the market.  It's the same with Model A's.  Even old trucks to a degree unless the price is a national bargain or the truck is exceptional in one way or another.  Shipping cost is usually the main detractor especially in the lower price fields.  

I would try the local craigslist or swap sheet as a good start and branch from there if it doesn't sell right away.  Ebay isn't a bad way either as the exposure is good even for local buyers who may not look at other for sale venues. 

Based on Mikewest's experience, I recommend no one else should call about the car.  I checked with my friend who asked me to share the car for sale; he said he was unaware that the Bel Air's owner now doesn't want to sell it.  He added that he wasn't surprised by the change of heart.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess someone could be upset that "it's for sale" and then "no it's not".....

I've had a few cars over the years that needed work, and I decided to sell them.  But then, I put the work into them to sell them, and lo and behold, fixed!  And not in the mood to sell!

I had a similar experience, the first house we bought when we moved to Virginia.  It was a good house, did need some work, and after a couple of years we decided to buy another, somewhat better, house.  Offer came in well over what we'd paid for house, but the loan agreement for buyer stated we had to fix this and that, minor things,  a few pieces of bad siding, and so forth.  I spent two weeks getting house in order so loan would go through (and yes, I should have done the same work before selling it, think about cars the same way!).  After we got everything shipshape, both my wife and I stood back and said, heck, that's a nice house!  Why didn't we do all that while we where living there!

You guys who've bought and sold a lot of cars will understand.....and I understand why the owner said "shucks, this is actually a NICE car, why should I sell it?