plk

Header pin receiving hole   37"  center to center

2 locating holes outside of that     45 1/2"  center to center

center of receiving pin header holes to center of chrome bow   27 1/2"

Still has me stumped

Thank You to those looking and scratching their heads

Pete

Hi Pete,

You are lucky enough to own the Murphy Conv Coupe.

Duesy's are pretty rare cars, and even though Murphy built more than one Conv coupe body, I would be surprised to learn if any two are identical, as they were individually coach built.

I would suggest trying to trace back the previous known owners and see if you can find out when the car lost its top assembly. A previous owner may have taken them off in the 50's, when the car was tatty and you might get lucky, they could be lying around with a previous owner or their surviving relatives. If you haven't already done this, a good starting point would be thru the ACD Club's historians or the ACD museum.

If the above has yielded no results, I would then try the following:-

Try Glenn Pray in Oklahoma and see if they have anything, as Glen bought up all the ACD parts when the company closed.

Try ACD Museum, the AACA library, the ACD club, places like the Henry Ford Library etc, and see if they may have original drawings in their archives. If they have , then maybe you can purchase a copy, and have some made.

Try the Patents office as well, Murphy may have registered a patent of their drawings.

Last option, is to talk to other Murphy owners and see if any owner, will be prepared to allow you to make drawings, or better still, allow both your car and theirs, go to a reputable restoration shop that would be capable to undertake making you a set.

Good luck in your search

Viv.