1930 Buick 40 sieries Dr`s coup

Guest pre 1925 motors

Guest pre 1925 motors

My name is Mike Isham I have a 1930 Buick that needs a new home ! SOON ! I have $7,000.00 in  recites / New wiring harness / New fire wall mat / Motor was rebuilt (in the 70s) new pistons new babet  /  about 1/2 the plating done for inside of car / lots of new rubber parts / car is very rust free and i am the second owner / wheels are in excellent shape newer tires that hold air / Car has heater and radio /  possible delivery within 1,000 miles of Washington state  ? car is 50 miles south of Seattle / Mike 253 212 8355 I would like to get $ 4,500.00 but am not insulted by offer  / lost storage don't want to move it again

DSC02756.JPG

DSC02757.JPG

DSC02758.JPG

DSC02759.JPG

DSC02760.JPG

DSC02761.JPG

DSC02762.JPG

DSC02763.JPG

DSC02764.JPG

DSC02765.JPG

DSC02766.JPG

DSC02767.JPG

DSC02768.JPG

DSC02771.JPG

DSC02772.JPG

DSC02773.JPG

DSC02774.JPG

DSC02775.JPG

DSC02776.JPG

DSC02434.JPG

DSC02435.JPG

DSC02436.JPG

DSC02437.JPG

DSC02437.JPG

DSC02438.JPG

DSC02439.JPG

DSC02440.JPG

DSC02441.JPG

DSC02442.JPG

DSC02443.JPG

DSC02444.JPG

DSC02444.JPG

DSC02445.JPG

DSC02446.JPG

DSC02438.JPG

DSC02439.JPG

DSC02440.JPG

DSC02441.JPG

DSC02442.JPG

DSC02443.JPG

DSC02444.JPG

DSC02444.JPG

DSC02445.JPG

DSC02446.JPG

DSC02434.JPG

DSC02435.JPG

DSC02436.JPG

DSC02437.JPG

DSC02437.JPG

DSC02440.JPG

DSC02441.JPG

DSC02442.JPG

DSC02443.JPG

DSC02444.JPG

DSC02444.JPG

DSC02445.JPG

DSC02446.JPG

DSC02434.JPG

DSC02435.JPG

DSC02436.JPG

DSC02437.JPG

DSC02437.JPG

DSC02438.JPG

DSC02439.JPG

DSC02442.JPG

Mike, that is a great car. Looks like a nice easy project. Price sounds fair to me. Someone should snap this up pretty quick.

I have seen the car. It is very solid. The $7000+ is in addition to the original purchase price of the car. Many parts done and ready for installation. Yes , it should be a fun and relatively easy project. Make Mike an offer he can't refuse.  - Carl 

Edited by C Carl
Word order change for clarity (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well , I am to be the happy owner , and the next to proudly drive this cool old Bu' ! Getting one of the trucks unloaded to go pick-up. Have to clear out this corner. Oh , I have big plans for the shop. It is 36' X 72' , a bit over 13' to the bottom of the trusses. My accident 5 1/2 years ago followed by the heart attacks , stopped all forward momentum here at the ranch. I am finally able to walk without pain , and am capable of sustained work again. Plan is to build a second story over the deepest 2 bays (2  X 12 = 24'') , and install the gantry crane to cover the adjacent 3 bays. Looking for a lift capacity of 13,000# , enough to put a couple seasonal Cad or Benz up top. I have all the components for the crane picked up out of scrap yards for an average of less than a dime on the dollar. Now to engineer the "bridge" , the 36' X 10' X ( ? deep) girder to carry the I beams for the trolleys , and weld it up. I would like to make a sizable dent in the shop project this Winter , but around this camp distractions reign supreme. And I still have to get to 'Vegas to drive the '27 Cad home. The expected unexpected could pop up at any time. There. I have said it. Now I face embarrassment if I can't pull this off !     -  Still Cadillac , Carl 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by C Carl
Additional clarification (see edit history)

Congratulations on the purchase and good luck with finish up! I would love to have had this car but I'm midway through a frame off resto on my '38 coupe right now. Please post pics as it goes along. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much , Greg and mercer09 ! At this point , Milepost Zero has begun. The loading. Logistics dictate 2 trips over the mountains to my shop out at the ranch in Central Washington. It is obviously essential to start a new topic under Pre-War Buick. Very first step will be to join my previous Buick Cousins , now , proudly I can say Buick Brothers , in all apropriate organizations. Could someone affiliated please contact me in order to join ? I have been provided with original manuals , and many receipts detailing work done. Yes , Oren Isham was a meticulous professional machinist , a notable ancient engine collector with a stable of 125 or so running engines on stands in a temp and humidity controlled shop. Bills show a total early 80's engine rebuild. New Pistons & rings , valves , springs , seats , total re-babitting & line boring , timing gears , balance , etc. I have 100% confidence Mr. Isham would have done this engine properly. I will properly lubricate everything , follow strict pre-start sequence paying particular attention to valve train imperatives , and lite the dormant mill up ! Chassis & more done. Therefore , my hope is to make the car drivable first , and then dismantle anything needing attention , and then start going back up. I will try to be very careful in not making dangerous assumptions , and be very respectful that I am entering the Old Buick World at the bottom rung of the ladder. So glad to have the greatest , most active bunch of old car guys in the World , right here on AACA forums ! 

Thanks again , guys ! Soon I will start-up on Pre-War Buick. What title should I use ?

I have been thinking that for the long haul to come "Cadillac Carl gets a Buick" ?   - CC

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

All the parts have been loaded and made the trip across the mountains. Celestial mechanics provided a break. Now to unload the truck , and go back and load the car. Looks like , as with most old cars , some things will be better than expected , some things worse. Removed valve cover. First light of day looked grea..........    Huh ? Uh , where is that rocker arm ? Kinda weird. Hmmmmm .................  Guess I better check that clutch. No oil in trans. Best throw some in before I load/move it. Yeah , some woodwork needed. How about the diff ? Looks pretty good undernee.................   Huh ? Uh , where is the L.H. backing plate and brake guts ? Kinda weird. Well , I will haul the car with signed title , go put it in my name , and take a serious reality check while trying to make sense of it all on Pre War Buick. See you there when it belongs to me !   - Carl

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1