EYE ON DESIGN 17, A FEW PICS

Anyone that goes to a show knowing the rules, then when at the show attempts to change the rules, isn’t being realistic. 

Of all the shows I have attended over 60 years I have never found a reason to complain, RULES are RULES.  Go to the promoter, and suggest they consider changes for future shows. 

Dale in Indy 

2 hours ago, smithbrother said:

Anyone that goes to a show knowing the rules, then when at the show attempts to change the rules, isn’t being realistic. 

Of all the shows I have attended over 60 years I have never found a reason to complain, RULES are RULES.

Hi Dale.  Thanks for your thoughts above. Taken as a stand alone statement they have merit.  Taken in context as it relates to the current thread they have been addressed in post #31.

2 hours ago, smithbrother said:

Go to the promoter, and suggest they consider changes for future shows. 

While the reason for my postings has been to provide a more balanced picture of the event hopefully the show's management will take my view of the event as constructive criticism. Customer feed back should always be important to an enlightened management team.......................Robert Beck

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, smithbrother said:

I guess the fact you were addressing issues you had TWO years ago watered down the post.

From what I have read and also learned from a couple Michigan friends that attended this year, the show was well received.

Dale in Indy 

I am truly glad it was, Dale. Perhaps my negative observations have been addressed. If you re-read my post #16 you will see I've already clearly addressed that eventuality.......................Bob

On 12/3/2017 at 7:05 PM, Bhigdog said:

Hi Dale,

Again, my posts are not complaints, per se, but rather are statements of fact, presented so others can make an informed decision as to whether to attend in the future.

I do realize that the condition of I75N is not under the control of the show. I mention it only as a warning to the unwary.

The "up front rules" you mention, other than a "request" to remain on the show field,  are in fact not mentioned in the pre-show paper work. Nor were they mentioned when I was cold called with a request asking me to bring my car to the show. Had they been clearly stated in either I would have politely declined.

Thank you for your polite and well thought out post.

Again, I respectfully ask you to resist the urge to "kill the messenger".....................Robert Beck

Actually the rules were very clearly stated and were in acceptance paperwork also. I entered the show field with full knowledge that I would not be leaving until 4:00. I had a great visit with Janouseks and thoroughly enjoyed the show. Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. 

1 hour ago, ericmac said:

Actually the rules were very clearly stated and were in acceptance paperwork also. I entered the show field with full knowledge that I would not be leaving until 4:00.

As I very clearly acknowledged in my post.

Glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed the show.....................Bob

• 1 month later...

I was at Eyes on Design with Larry Schramm several years ago when the theme was on Flint built vehicles. I brought the Chartreuse Lady and Larry brought his 1915 Buick Truck. I came all the way from New York State and clear across that as my home was one town from the Mass line. I had a great time. Talked with a lot of folks. Had some fun racing past Larry several times on the way to the show field. (My Roadster runs circles around his truck. :P) Met folks I would otherwise not have met if I did not attend. Got to see the Winton Flyer from the movie the Reivers. Was surprised that it was made from modern parts just for that movie that Stared Steve McQueen. If asked, I would return if I could. Good folks, good fun, and all for a good cause. I even met Margret Dunning there the year before. (She was the 100+ year old woman with the Packard.) I also had a good old chat session with Barry Wolk and his lovely wife about his Continental and other stuff. Conversed with other folks. In my opinion it all ended too soon. Might I add that Larry and his wife Joyce are great hosts. I always have a great time when I am in there area or even when we are on tour somewhere. Can't wait to do it again sometime. Dandy Dave!        

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)