Tow vehicle for sale Chevy Duramax

I"m selling my 2005 Chevy 2500HD truck. It has been an impressive tow vehicle for my camper trailer and car trailer, but I have always wished that I had purchased a Suburban instead of the truck. 

I am in the Northwest corner of Connecticut, so it has seen some nasty weather, but I have done several things to keep the rust to a minimum. 

The truck is 4wd, with the manual lever on the floor, cloth seats, power windows, power drivers seat, power towing mirrors, 4 door, 6.5'bed with a cap and padded bed mat.  It has 67,000 miles, I am the original owner. 

The Duramax engine and Allison transmission make a great combination for towing. Everything is completely stock. I listed it on Craigslist for $22,500, just thought I would post it here in case there was an AACA guy somewhere nearby looking for something like this.  

I will try to get a few pictures on here or at least a link to the CL ad.

you can PM me thru this site or call 860-248-1102

thanks, Chris

Great truck for towing. I have a similar 2005 for my rig. Same mileage as yours. Your price is well below market.

Unfortunately you cannot get the Duramax and Allison in the Suburban -

that was what I really wanted, but not available since 2000 model year

10 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Unfortunately you cannot get the Duramax and Allison in the Suburban -

that was what I really wanted, but not available since 2000 model year

I'm confused, isn't that what this truck is, model year 2005 with Duramax and Allison as stated?  Or are you saying it's NOT a Duramax?  I believe 2005 was also the year they quit putting the larger gas engines in the Suburban, mine is a 2001 3/4 ton big engine that I found a few years ago with 36K miles, I was very lucky!

2 hours ago, edinmass said:

David- that thar truck done be a pickem up truck!

It's hell getting old.  That's right, my Suburban doesn't have a bed in it, unless I'm buying a mattress.......sheesh.....

• Like 1

David, my comment is that the Duramax/Allison IS a great combination - and we cannopt get that in the Suburban he would like to have. As you know, my preference is for the 1977, 19789, 1986, and 2002 Suburbans I've owned for so many years. I enjoy having owned the most recent 3 out of 4 with the big block, but wish the Diesel DuraMax/Allison combination were available in the Suburban.

This gentlemen is giving up the Diesel to get a Gas-Engined Suburban.

My Ford Excursion is an SUV with the 7.3 Turbo-Diesel - but wish I had a 6-speed tranny

• 2 weeks later...

Before you buy a Duramax I suggest you spend some time googling Duramax problems.  A good thread is 10 most frequent problems with the LBZ on DieselPlace.com.  As you travel to shows you will notice that 49 out of 50 flatbed haulers drive a Ram or Power Stroke.  There is a reason.  I purchased my 07 new.  At 93K I have spent over $10K on non covered repairs and now need a new turbo at a cost of $4500.  You haven't lived until you experience "Limp home mode" at midnight on a two lane in MO on a rainy night and 

have to travel at 25 to 30 mph for the next hour. Google code P2563.  BTW I thought it was the best truck I had ever owned at 75 K miles.  Just my TCW.  Bob Smits