Share an option or fun Riviera accessory!

Chimera

11 hours ago, RivNut said:

The Schrader valve is on the top of the tub for the right rear tire.  The little paste on sticker is right beside it. No clue as to how EmTee's is set up.

Ed, from your description I'd say mine is like yours.  My Schrader valve is shown on the right wheel tub.  They could also have been a dealer-installation.  I'm assuming they were also available from the factory.

The Team Buick website has a complete list of options for all 63 models.  HD rear springs and shocks is one option, a trailering package, HD springs and shocks front and rear is another.  Neither specifies that the HD shocks might be air shocks.  I have my original window sticker and it does not show air shocks from the factory so mine must be dealer installed.  

7 hours ago, EmTee said:

Ed, from your description I'd say mine is like yours.  My Schrader valve is shown on the right wheel tub.  They could also have been a dealer-installation.  I'm assuming they were also available from the factory.

Dealer installation

Tom

10 hours ago, Chimera said:

I don't personally see them that often (hazard flasher), and I think this is the one you viewed most recently on eBay Tom. Just got it.

They were very common to see at the swaps during the `80`s and much like any NOS part appear less frequently than in the past... but they still surface frequently. John Moore listed one on this forum within the last year or so. As I recall he listed it several times before it sold.

These were marketed at $100 or less when plentiful but now are approximately twice that price. IMO, still a good value in that this accessory has a dedicated safety function. Would a purse hook potentially save your life on the side of the Interstate?

Tom