Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Share an option or fun Riviera accessory!

What happened to that tissue dispenser?  It looks like somebody cut a chunk out of the middle.  It also looks like you're missing the mounting bracket.

Thats where the tissue comes out...Im thinking.

I'm pretty sure this is the mounting bracket.

IMG_3421.JPG

Now I get it. ;)

When I looked at the earlier picture, it wasn't immediately obvious that the velour was pulled up through the opening.  Instead, it looked like a piece had been cut out.

Edited by KongaMan (see edit history)

Or how about the ruby bejeweled hazard warning flasher accessory?! Thats going in the 66 Riv.

IMG_3437.JPG

Edited by Chimera (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Here are some my favorite options, not mentioned above...

Reverb

Purse hook

Vacuum trunk release

Cornering lights

Rear seat arm rest

Dinsmore compass, (the angular one).

Turbine wheels

Rear window defroster

Honestly, I do think the vacuum trunk release takes the cake. So simple...so pure...There is just something so satisfying about hitting that red button and hearing the vacuum...then trunk release. Thats the sound of technology.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaRiviera said:

Here are some my favorite options, not mentioned above...

Reverb

Purse hook

Vacuum trunk release

Cornering lights

Rear seat arm rest

Dinsmore compass, (the angular one).

Turbine wheels

Rear window defroster

This compass is `63 only, very rocket age and seldom seen...except on the dash of Villa Riviera!

Tom

On 5/7/2017 at 10:17 PM, Chimera said:

What vehicle are these air shocks on?

They're on my 1967 Riviera - and they still work!  ;)

IMG_0727.thumb.JPG.09cdca03f7d1e4564df4f

14 hours ago, Chimera said:

Or how about the ruby bejeweled hazard warning flasher accessory?! Thats going in the 66 Riv.

What the?!

Never seen that one. NIce. Need a video of that in action

I don't know about the sticker in the picture, but my 63 had these on it when I bought it back in 82.  The original owner had them "dealer installed."  The Schrader valve is on the top of the tub for the right rear tire.  The little paste on sticker is right beside it. No clue as to how EmTee's is set up.

My 1964 came with this GM sun visor mirror that has places to record the dates of servicing: battery, change oil, lubrication, spark plugs, tune motor and mileage. Was this a Riviera option?

IMG_0091.JPG

This looks like a vintage piece based on the style of the GM logo.  They offered generic units as well as brand specific ones over the years.  In most cases they were a dealer accessory bought over the counter.

8 hours ago, PWB said:

What the?!

Never seen that one. NIce. Need a video of that in action

Paul,

These frequently appear on Ebay. There may be one on there now and I recall the price was reasonable compared to others I have seen.

Tom Mooney

I don't personally see them that often (hazard flasher), and I think this is the one you viewed most recently on eBay Tom. Just got it.

11 hours ago, RivNut said:

The Schrader valve is on the top of the tub for the right rear tire.  The little paste on sticker is right beside it. No clue as to how EmTee's is set up.

Ed, from your description I'd say mine is like yours.  My Schrader valve is shown on the right wheel tub.  They could also have been a dealer-installation.  I'm assuming they were also available from the factory.

The Team Buick website has a complete list of options for all 63 models.  HD rear springs and shocks is one option, a trailering package, HD springs and shocks front and rear is another.  Neither specifies that the HD shocks might be air shocks.  I have my original window sticker and it does not show air shocks from the factory so mine must be dealer installed.  

7 hours ago, EmTee said:

Ed, from your description I'd say mine is like yours.  My Schrader valve is shown on the right wheel tub.  They could also have been a dealer-installation.  I'm assuming they were also available from the factory.

Dealer installation

Tom

10 hours ago, Chimera said:

I don't personally see them that often (hazard flasher), and I think this is the one you viewed most recently on eBay Tom. Just got it.

They were very common to see at the swaps during the `80`s and much like any NOS part appear less frequently than in the past... but they still surface frequently. John Moore listed one on this forum within the last year or so. As I recall he listed it several times before it sold.

These were marketed at $100 or less when plentiful but now are approximately twice that price. IMO, still a good value in that this accessory has a dedicated safety function. Would a purse hook potentially save your life on the side of the Interstate?

Tom

I found this generic version 4-way flasher. Not as as cool as the "Buick Approved," unit, yet still really cool.

IMG_3583.JPG