Foot Warmer Antique

Foot warmer good shape, complete, nuts, wing nuts, minimal surface rust, looks as if never used. Carpet all there, no tears or warn spots. Air vents slide as required. clean up easy.  Called  "THE Standard", made by Standard stamping company, Marysville O USA. 50.00 dollars and the ride. Other versions are made by Standard lamp, same city. PM or e-mail.

Haroldcar_001.thumb.jpg.37ecdd318ebbc6228f433433aa108132.jpgcar9_001.thumb.jpg.2c060a7c0dcc2b2bb3175659d88c3ded.jpg

car0_001.jpg

car7_001.jpg

Edited by one-shot (see edit history)

Carryover from horse and buggy days.  They were quite useful in early automobiles. Put it under your feet and pull up the heavy lap robe and you were toasty warm.  They came in several different sizes, I have one that about three x the length that was used for back-seat passengers. It was given to me by an old friend in Maryland who said his father bought it new from the dealer when he purchased a 1910 Cadillac.  Love stuff that has an interesting story with it. 

terry

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing the item depending on how much shipping costs.  I live in Sandy, Utah, zip 84070.  I use PayPal for payment

Contact me at tedlazenby@gmail.com if you prefer.

Thanks,

Ted

From a 1910 Auto accessory catalog.

Coal bricks are standard fare in the far east as a heating medium. Coal ground up and pressed into bricks and cylinders with air passages. And used in most cases to heat air passages under the floor.

Standard Heater Fig 5 Standard Stamping Company Marysville Ohio The cut herewith shows the triangular model of this foot warmer Although several grades and sizes are manufactured they all operate on the same principle and are practically identical in construction the only differences being in the external finishes It will be noted that the coal brick burned in these heaters is contained in a removable drawer which when inserted is perfectly insulated in the center of a dead air space which distributes the heat uniformly and prevents injury to the heater or parts with which it comes in contact Prices range from $2.40 to $3.60 Fig 5 Standard Heater

Harold

Funny, my first thought was "fumes"? like TerryB mentioned, but realizing now it is from a much earlier open car era, makes perfect sense. Very cool piece. B)