Driving Habits

X-Frame

Paul makes a good point...

I drove the three mothers in my family to church on Mother's Day in the 40 Buick. They were all decked out in 40s dresses, including hats. There was a lot of smiles and waves!

So, when I drove to our Region's office this morning, I was expecting the opposite. But lo and behold, even the texters were in the right lane and semi-correctly moving along with traffic.

10 hours ago, Paul Dobbin said:
After following this thread for 3 pages, I see lots of anger, impatience, hatred, prejudice and the basis for road rage.  Perhaps courtesy,
an occasional YIELD, some understanding and a slower pace would lower all our blood pressure and extend our driving lives.  

I do this frequently.

If I notice someone has been standing for a while trying leave an establishment and enter my traffic lane I slow down, or stop, and wave them in.

I've gotten lots of smiles from those people........I hope those following me took the gesture to heart....... :)

• Like 2

Guest Skyking
On 5/9/2016 at 8:05 AM, Matt Harwood said:

Traffic discussion with a dash of racism. Nice!

It has nothing to do with racism and everything to do illegals having valid drivers license and .most of the time no insurance.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:17 PM, Skyking said:

It has nothing to do with racism and everything to do illegals having valid drivers license and .most of the time no insurance.

Bob, the drill is they buy a car, buy insurance, get a license then cancel the insurance.

Guest Skyking
8 hours ago, helfen said:

Bob, the drill is they buy a car, buy insurance, get a license then cancel the insurance.

Don,  I'm well aware,  that's where "my" uninsured motorists kicks in!!  Hopefully in the near future this all changes.......

X-Frame

I have had my license since 1961.  Like you I have never had an accident.  My last ticket was in 1968 for speeding at  3 a.m. on the Long Beach Freeway trying to get back the my ship before she sailed.  Went to traffic court and the Judge let me off.  Imagine that.

As far as how things are on California roads today.  Way too many people  39,000,000 last count, it seems like  half of them drive.

I am in favor of speed cameras.  This state would have no money problem.  There would be a budget surplus just from tickets on  I-5.   Cameras could be set to allow 5-7 miles over posted. ( there are areas now  where posted is 70)  

I would love to see some of these Yahoos who pass me in a motor home pulling a 35' trailer at 80 - 85  mph get a big fat ticket.  (the speed limit for all vehicles towing is 55) 

There are still a few areas around home where  I can take the old Buick for a nice run and not be too stressed when I get back.

Thanks for the chance to rant.

Safe travels to all.

Wayne 

DSCN2043.JPG