DA Speedometer Cable

Can someone please clarify for me? Trying to route the Speedo Cable from the Speedometer to the Gearbox on my Budd bodied DA sedan, right hand drive (not sure if that makes any difference). Does the cable go through the hole in the firewall indicated in the photo? If so, does it then go to the right or left of the engine. Am getting a new cable made and want to ensure that the cable that I will use for a pattern is correct and will fit where it is supposed to.

Also, have seen windscreen glass frame in both paint and chrome. What was available new, or are both possibly correct?

Many thanks for any help.

John

post-67360-143143001536_thumb.jpg

Many thanks to both of you. I had spent some time looking on the net and the forums and could not find anything that really showed me. The only one that was REALLY clear did NOT show the cable going through that hole, which confused me (which is not hard!!). What you have shown me confirms what I thought MIGHT be correct. Thanks again.

John

Thanks for that, yes, it all helps. Bearing in mind that mine is right hand drive, I now think that I have a pretty good idea just where it goes. Will check my "pattern" cable (meaning that it is not good enough to use) to make sure it fits before getting a new one made up. My DA was missing the cable when I got it and the one I have I THINK is DA. Now I am happy that I can prove it.

John