1929 BUICK 29-41 WALDRONS EXHAUST

raydurr

I picked up a tail pipe for my '42 at their shop recently. Fit was right on and they were nice people. Took a tour of the shop and it was impressive. They have hundreds of NOS & NORS pipes as patterns plus all of the data they have compiled for their bending equipment. I spent my working career in a manufacturing environment and for a small shop like this, I was impressed!

I purchased a complete dual system from Waldrons for my '62. Must say it was a great copy of the original and only required minor adjustments to fit neatly. I fit the entire system myself in my garage. I chose a stainless system as I knew the car would be little used during the final stages of it's restoration, thinking it would be more durable and not likely to rust out. Alas, when the car was finished I found the entire bottom of the huge rear muffler was full of holes, with some also in one resonator. I discovered that the stainless muffler was full of carbon steel baffles that of course had rusted out and through the outer shell. Stainless exhausts are only ever made from low grade metal but using carbon steel baffles spot welded to it will promote rust. As I live too far away any warranty was useless to me. I would definitely recommend the Waldrons exhaust for fit and reproduction accuracy but maybe look at the aluminised steel system instead?