CHRISTMAS IN OUR HOME

smithbrother

Thanks to my bride of 54+ years, and 10 days of her hardpost-67970-143142879636_thumb.jpg work, we are READY for Christmas.

My wife Sharon is a HOLIDAY lady. I get the job of hauling all the totes out of our basement storage room, then putting it all back in a few weeks.

She is very organized. I'm very happy she enjoys all the holidays.

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to others

Dale in Indy

P.S. The coffee table in picture #1, is 65 years old. It is an original Isamu Noguchi piece. My father was a arty guy, he purchased it in 1949, and is my prized piece of furniture.

post-67970-14314287962_thumb.jpg

post-67970-143142879626_thumb.jpg

post-67970-143142879631_thumb.jpg

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

Dale, I know what you mean. My wife is the same way. But it just wouldn't be the same without all of the hard work. Most of the tree ornaments are authentic Hallmark, and we have collected hundreds of them over the years. My favorite one, though, is a simple ball ornament that my wife gave me in 1979, our first Christmas together. I always hang that one front and center. Merry Christmas to all.

post-31046-143142879641_thumb.jpg

post-31046-143142879651_thumb.jpg

We don't put the tree up until after Luke's birthday next week. For the last 17 years we've made an effort to keep his special day separate from Christmas. That said, the wreath that normally hangs on the front door hasn't been dug out yet nor has our Advent wreath.

The he last few years, ornaments from the Reatta Division have been prominent on our tree.

Picture # 1 & # 3 shows the 24" hand made tiles, they change colors as you move by such. Note on the floor in pic. #1 the flow from one tile to the other. On the fireplace, I chose NOT to use the flow, it was real fun lifting the heavy tiles up the ladder and into place, but I seem to pick hard projects, hehe.

The tiles have lots of metal shavings/dust in such, the copper really shows up when light hits just right. I along with my bride do beat to a different drum, but that is a fun thing for us.

Thanks Dandy,

Dale in Indy