1923 Model T Coupe

Posting this for a friend:

Beautiful 1923 Model T "Doctor's Coupe:. One owner for past 20 years, runs well, color black electric start, steering stabilizer, refinished wood wheel spokes, two new and two good tires, cover for spare tire, brass hub caps, running board steps, Motometer, new Kevlar bands, new muffler and tail pipe, new battery, spark plugs, fan belt,5 opening windows, very good upholstery, chrome radiator shell, 1917 license plate, always garage kept.

Have too many cars, Ford has to go for $12,000.

Contact the owner at:

Printsinthesand327@gmail.com

910/233-1624

Wilmington, NC

post-66000-143142870809_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tom Getz (see edit history)

It looks like a beautiful T Ford! Nicer than mine. One would have to look very closely to know if anything on that car is 1917. The Body is clearly a 1924 model or 1925 model only. My coupe looks just like that (only an older restoration showing its age) and was built in April '24. Most likely, this coupe is a '24 solely based upon the 30X3.5 wheels and tires. While they were available in the 1925 models, most '25s got the new style 21 inch lower pressure "balloon" tires. One thing you may be able to tell, is that the '24 coupes had heavier wood frame doors, the '25 coupes mostly had steel frame doors which were lighter but rattle more. The '25 main body was still wood framed and nearly identical to the '24.

As to the chassis? There are a couple dozen minor and major changes between 1917 and 1925 that could narrow down the years of the car or parts. Demountable wheels and starter were not available until 1919, although those often got changed later.

One can wonder how and why so many people have gotten the years of so many cars so very wrong? But a lot of people have.

post-95442-143142854018_thumb.jpg

My '24 T coupe.

Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2