1923 Model T parts?

Laughing Coyote

Guest AlCapone
Buy a completely restored Model T or none at all. Many, many more sellers than buyers. (Don't ask me how I know.)

Also, ride in one before you decide to buy a T. You might change your mind.

I totally agree with everything you have said. Drive it first, and if you decide to buy, buy it restored and for the right price and plan to keep it because the supply far outweighs the demand. Unfortunately it is yesterday's car!

Wayne

By all means,,drive it first,,AND remember you are driving

1908 technology,,and they steer quick for driving on dirt,,

and 2 wheel brakes only stop the wheels,,not the car,,at least

not so fast as you are used to,,Buy a repop owners manual

cheep investment at this point,,,Cheers,,Ben

Coyote, finish your Mercury first. I have a feeling you're getting a little impatient not having the Merc as something you can enjoy at the moment.

Unfortunately you'll have even less time for either with another hobby car.

I was kind of itching to get another car myself since there's not much to do on my 56. The other thing is I don't want to drive it in the current weather that won't let up much until spring. But then I remind myself of those same items on it that could use attention and the urge for another project fades. The urge almost completely vanishes when I realize I don't have a lot of spare time either. And the last reason is why I bought my 56 in the first place.

Well after long discussions with the better half (the Mrs) about the model T's I have been looking at. The final verdict is not right now. She told me I have one I'm working on right now and when it's done we will see. So I guess I will have to work a little faster and get the Mercury done then persue another project. :( I guess it's for the best, but I do want to thank you all on this post for the comments and information regarding the model T series cars. There is just so many cars out there that I come across that I would like to restore and bring back to the way they were. I really enjoy doing the work and learning about the parts and how the car was built. I hate to see them get junked or modernized so much. Granted everyone has their own taste. Oh well, I will press on with the Merc and post as I go. :cool:

It looks like a 1924-25 model as the trunk is incorporated into the body. Parts to this car are easily obtainable used as well as new. Wood kits for that car are also available but expensive. Correct pattern interiors are also available. Restored they're worth an average of $8500. You'll sink more money into it than it's worth but they are a lot of fun to drive.

• 8 years later...