Window glass reassembly sequence

Ian_Greenlaw

I'm working on the rear door windows and was wondering what is the best procedure to reinstall the glass ?

ive read the manual and there are a few differences.

if I put the glass with channel in the door first, then the bailey channel. Push the glass up into place and hold while putting in the window winder mechanism, attach this and tighten screws. Does that seem right.

I'd really like to get the bailey channel in place first that was I can attach it to the inside of the door.

Any suggestions......ideas ?

Ian

Ian you need to put in glass channel first because you want it to be secure to the sides The window is designed to go in from the inside of the car You turn glass sideways and drop it in turning it to the correct posistion as you go down Slowly turn do not force After the window is in then you can attach to winder mechanism. Also make sure winder mechanism is all the way down when putting glass in

If your glass is that tight then you will have to take out one side of channel put window down and insert channel on that side When you get channel in put some weatherstrip at top and tape it tight.Hope this works for you Frank

Hi Harry and Frank,

Harry, mine is completely stripped and now wood....lucky I dont have that problem.

Frank, my bailey channel is all one piece / no joins so when I remove one piece the whole thing has to come out. I'll try again and see how it goes. If I could get the glass down further that would probably work but being the back door it hits on the curve of the door that follows the wheel arch

Ian this is what you need to do your channel can not be all one piece one side goes across the top and down one side then you cut the another side to just go to top and bottom install the top and side pc. put the window in push to bott0m then install last pc of channel sliding it down apply weatherstrip and tape tight

I'm working on the rear door windows and was wondering what is the best procedure to reinstall the glass ?

ive read the manual and there are a few differences.

if I put the glass with channel in the door first, then the bailey channel. Push the glass up into place and hold while putting in the window winder mechanism, attach this and tighten screws. Does that seem right.

I'd really like to get the bailey channel in place first that was I can attach it to the inside of the door.

Any suggestions......ideas ?

Ian

install winder first then window and glass trying to send video but my mail is messed up outgoing only

2 pc weather stripping

Ian I have shot video but can not upload to large I will send it to you,

Ian here are a few more pictures of rear window install, I am going to shoot another video now of installing ,I'll upload and send you the link,,

Takes about 5 minutes to put in and take out....

Steve

post-70464-143142730088_thumb.jpg

post-70464-143142730093_thumb.jpg

post-70464-143142730097_thumb.jpg

post-70464-143142730101_thumb.jpg

post-70464-143142730105_thumb.jpg

Ian here are a few more pictures of rear window install, I am going to shoot another video now of installing ,I'll upload and send you the link,,

Takes about 5 minutes to put in and take out....

Steve

A few more pictures of front window with glass loaded in channel and then put in in one piece ,,

post-70464-14314273022_thumb.jpg

post-70464-143142730225_thumb.jpg