What year and model is this REO radiator shell for?

keiser31

Thanks for posting the photo John . My friend says the car is in pieces it has a Victoria body and a hood with 5 vents on it . He is not sure what model of Reo it could be . He is wondering if the radiator shell could be off another Reo model due to previous damage . He also wonders if he is looking at a Reo Royale Victoria 8 -35 ? Due to the Victoria body or did other Reo's use this body also . Thanks , Mark

Guest jliptrap

1930 Flying Cloud, me thinks...

Sorry, definitely not 1930 Flying Cloud. I own one. The emblem is wrong and the shell did not have vertical slats. My guess is a REO truck from the mid-1930's

Jim

Thanks for posting the photo John . My friend says the car is in pieces it has a Victoria body and a hood with 5 vents on it . He is not sure what model of Reo it could be . He is wondering if the radiator shell could be off another Reo model due to previous damage . He also wonders if he is looking at a Reo Royale Victoria 8 -35 ? Due to the Victoria body or did other Reo's use this body also . Thanks , Mark

We will need photos of the vehicle to determine what he has...

You should measure the wheelbase. Flying Clouds had 116, 120, 125, and 130 in wheelbase models. To my knowledge they had louvers and not vent doors in the hood. The 8-35 (135" wheelbase) (Royale) had the doors. There was also a smaller Royale model 8-31 with 131 inch wheelbase. This also had louvers instead of doors in the hood. The wheelbase is the key....

Frank