Roadster with E&J headlights

West Peterson

My first thought also was Chrysler. I think the Jordan radiator was different to that. I think the wheels are aftermarket - the general look of them is similar to the Motor Wheel discs on my 1926 Pontiac although the rim attachment method is different. The discs make the car look shorter than when it is on wood wheels which is why I am not sure just which model it is. The side profile pic could possibly be measured to scale up the possible wheelbase length which might give a clue - on the assumption that the wheels are 20". Hopw does one distinguish between 1925, '26 and '27 without the headlights as a guide?

Edited by nzcarnerd (see edit history)

Guest Jim_Edwards

I'm thinking 1926 Packard with a headlight modification. Those wheels and the hubs are definitely Packard as is the front bumper. The angle and lighting in the photos make it a bit difficult to confirm the radiator shell shape as being 1926 Packard, but everything else does. Interesting that the wheel type for a roadster would likely have been wires although there is plenty of evidence the steel wheels were also used.

Photo of 1930 Packard with E&J Headlights

packard.jpg

Edited by Jim_Edwards (see edit history)

Guest Jim_Edwards
Jim

If you click on either of the thumbnail photos in my post, bringing up a much larger version, you'll quickly realize it is not a Packard.

Wes I've blown those photos up to 600 times their size and I would agree they are not of a Packard. I'm candidly not sure what make the car may be.

There is a very small logo beneath the radiator cap, but the photo angle makes it impossible to get a fix on it. There are also two badges on the radiator, both having a cross like emblem. There is a very small triangle on the door in both images, but again cannot make out what they may be. I candidly cannot make out the shape of the hub cover well enough to say what it is or what maker emblem it may have cast or pressed into it.