32 Desoto ???

Chris Coon

Could you all help identify this body that is mounted on a DeSoto SC chassis that came home on a ship from Denmark? The owner is looking to put the car back together and we are hoping to find some sheet metal especially fenders that are in better condition.

There are some legible body numbers that I can post if it would be helpful.

I also have more pictures if you need them....I was having trouble getting them to upload.

Thank you!

post-60914-143138112742_thumb.jpg

Looks like a 1932 Dodge Brothers body...door hinges in front. The DeSoto had the hinges at the rear of the door. The grille shell looks like a 1932 DeSoto, though. Exports are usually a combination like that.

It's a great convertible coupe body. It should not be very hard to find a 32 Dodge donor drive-train and chassis to put under it. It would surprise me if the DeSoto chassis was what they put under it originally. Did you look behind the left rear axle to see if the frame number matches the block number? Maybe it was just an engine swap.

Still having trouble w/ pic's, not sure if its me or the computer. The BODY # found on the left side of the firewall is 543 4756

The SERIAL# found on the right door pillar post is 6007834.

I'm hoping to find 4 fenders that are in better condition at Hershey or elsewhere.

Also hoping to find a Raditor cover and Grille, the originals are DeSoto SC "barrel" style with the horizontal grille.

Thanks to all for your help,

this forum is an invaluable resource

Chris