New editor.....

I discovered this forum after renewing my membership in AACA and have learned some and hope to help out.

I'm the Newsletter editor of the newly formed Orange Blossom Region and am just getting back up to speed on newsletter publication.

I used to co edit the now disbanded Imperial Polk Region's newsletter.

We email the newsletters to people who have an email address. However not everyone has the same operating systems/software and some can't access the file. Is there a universal file that can be read regardless of software--like Html or .doc etc..?

Thanks for any advice..

Welcome to the forum,which I think you find a great resource. I am editor of the Brass-Nickel Touring Region, a small non-geographical touring Region focusing on cars made before 1931. I do not send out electronic newsletters. But if I did I think I would use the .pdf format, which is Acrobat Reader - a free convertor is available from their web site. The best thinkg about this software is that it compresses the file so that means faster downloads, which is important esp. if you are on dial-up.

Judy

Thanks for the help everyone!

I'd much rather mail a hard copy of the newsletter as I get the "we don't open attachments" and the members giving me an incorrect email addy.

But being a small but growing region, I send 90% of the newsletters by email due to cost reasons.

I'll try the Adobe route.....

Thanks again and maybe I can return the favor one of these days.

Rick S.

Orange Blossom Region

Lakeland, FL

One problem with email is that you can't do any decent formatting (unless by PDF which takes a long time to open). When I did newslettersl I used MS-Publisher, owned a scanner and mailed out the copies. As a Chater Member of the Region I would much rather receive my newsletter snail mail. But also as a member, I know the cost problem. Hopefully that will go away within the next year. One thing, however, you should know is that you cannot participate in the Newsletter Achievement Awards Program (NAAP)unless the newsletter is snail mailed to the five members of the Publications Committee. Also you have to register. You've been granted extra time to register if you wish to because you and the Region are both new. Your President has the forms and said he would get them to you. Earl Beauchamp, VP - Publications