Wood graining from Grain-it

tbirdman

I just received my wood graining for my 32 back from Grain-It . Very nice job and much better than the first guy I sent my stuff to. They were 11 days late, but need to take into account I was pushing their standard lead time and 11 days is nothing in the world of restoration. So now on to reassembling the interior and then the only thing I'm waiting for is the gauges which I'm told are two weeks away from being completed.

Only 11 days "late" is actually about 6 months early for most shops. Grain-it also sells kits so that customers can try their hand at doing it themselves. And they offer a lot of advice to help you. They gave a very nice seminar at the AACA Annual Meeting in Philadelphia last February.

West,

I was hoping you were realizing the "complaint" was tonque in cheek as 11 days is very samll compare to the usual schedules delays that anyone experiences with these old cars. I'm just glad to get back quality work. Anyway the dash is in but the back of my head is sore from being upside down putting in those wood screws. Dash looks very nice now but unfortunately now the glove boxes look terrible compared to the freshly restored dash. So off to the upholstery shop this morning for a quick relining.

yes, we are talking about the liners. The boxes themselves are in excellent shape, but the original liners were pretty uggly with stains and dirt. I'm just getting the boxes relined with a similar felt material.The boxes will be ready tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any contact info for Carpenter? Never heard of them. </div></div> CArpenders classic, he is walnut creek or Alamo California.

Ron Carpendar <rcarp1940@aol.com>,