FRANKLIN THROTTLE CONTROLS

DRM

Are you sure it's for a 28-9 Franklin ? Those year Franklins only have a hand throttle lever on the steering wheel hub. The spark control is a pull knob/wire cable identical to, and to the right of the choke knob at the bottom center of the guage cluster.

PFitz.

NO I AM NOT SURE ON THE YEAR EXACTLY. I DO NEED A TWO LEVER ASSY INCLUDING THE HORN BUTTON. I WILL REPRODUCE THEM FROM ANY BROKEN PART THAT IS COMPLETE. SUPER GLUE AND BONDO WORK GREAT TO RESHAPE A BROKEN PART. DROP ME A LINE IF YOU HAVE ANY PART OF THE ASSY. THANK YOU REGARDS DAVE

Dave,

The 30-31's had two levers. The one at 6 o'clock is the hand throttle, and 12 o'clock is the hi-low beam switch lever. Spark "retard" is still a pull knob right center of the dash. Parts such as those sometimes turn up, but usually only within the Club. Also need to know the body style because two differant length steeing coluums were used.

Because by now, most Franklin parts are in the hands of Franklin owners it's best to put a want add on the Franklin Club website at www.franklincar.org, and in their Club publication,the "Franklin Service Station". That gets mailed to all the Franklin Club Members. I can give you the contact info if you need it.

If your not sure what year, post the compleat chassis number stamped in the firewall tag and I can tell you. Should be two numbers for the "Series" which will tell the year and wheel base, then a dash, then six more numbers for that chassis, then an "L" or an "R" for left or right hand drive, then one or two numbers for the body style. Example, 45-xxxxxx L11 would be a 1930 left hand drive Sedan with 125 inch wheel base.

Pix would be good too if possable. Always like to see Franklin pix!!!!!!

PFitz.

• 9 years later...
  • 1 year later...