Newbie here

28Roadster

Hello, my name is Johnny. My Grandfather in law gave my wife and I his 1928 roadster pickup. Unfortunatly it was in the flood in Arabi, LA. for hurricane Katrina. We will be restoring this truck to original. He has had "Daisy" since 1977. He was the 3rd owner. I don't really know anything about this truck. I'm an avid car guy, and a drag racer. I'm really looking forward to meeting different people and learning about this new hobby. I know this will be a long and exspensive journey, and I appreciate any help with this truck, and finding the parts to fix her up. Thank you, Johnny

Welcome aboard!

I would suggest that you certainly join a local Chapter or Region of AACA, wherever you happen to be. Lots of help will be found in your local AACA members.

Also, I would suggest membership in the Model A Ford Club of America. Their website is here:

http://www.mafca.com/

There are some good technical tips on their website.

Collect some parts catalogs from the Model A suppliers either located on the links pages of the MAFCA site, or in the advertisers section of Hemmings Motor News, and ask anything else you need to know here.

Hi Johnny. Welcome - I am new to this forum also, and I applaud your restoration efforts on your truck, which is a desirable body style. Too many of these are cut up even with the reproduction options out there. One of the things I love about my model A is it's simplicity, and the very different, vintage feel you get driving it. Looks like you are off to a good start from the pictures.

I had another suggestion, for both parts and advice, I would highly suggest visiting a site called Fordbarn - http://www.fordbarn.com/modaswap/index.htm

I have learned a lot from this site, although I would also agree with these guys, the two national clubs & joining a local chapter will get you pretty far also.

Lastly, Les Andrew's Model A Ford Mechanic's Handbook is well worth the $$ - there are plenty of technical & historic books on the A out there but this is spiral bound, ideal to keep handy in the garage, and pretty comprehensive. GOOD LUCK!