1907 Oldsmobile

Guest oldmitchell

Guest imported_oldmitchell

After 4 years I have finally acquired the OLds. I have jumped right in on the restoration but there are some things that have long lead times like having wheels made. The wheels I have are in good shape but there is no one making the tires to fit them -front 34x31/2, rear 34x4. What are my options here? BTW, the car is a model A Palace Touring. Thanks

Congratulations. What a great car!

My 1913 Buick also had 34 x 3 1/2" tires originally. As far as I can tell, they have not been made since 1920 or so. I believe oversize is your only option. Of course 36 x 4 1/2 on the front would look funny with 34 x 4 in the back, so that sort of forces you to 36 x5.

I imagine there were not too many cars with 34 x 3 1/2" tires originally.

Keep us posted, and how about some pics?

Chris

Guest imported_oldmitchell

Wheels are plain clinchers. Yes, this is the car from Tennessee. Mike has done a ton of work on the car already which certainly makes my job easier. Thank you for the offer. I am sure I will need help at some point since the car was dissassembled when I got it.

Hi- the tire sizes you mention would indicate different size rims, is that the case? A 34 x 3.5 would be a (34 - (2 x 3.5)) = 27 inch rim. A 34 x 4 would be a (34 - (2 x 4)) = 26 inch rim. The 34 x 4's are available, that's what I have on my 1910 Buick. If you have to make new wheels, I highly recommend Calimers in Waynesboro Pa. Best David Coco