Selling my 1989 Reatta, Excellent condition, 86k miles. UPDATE

DeeBee

I am re-listing my Reatta on Ebay but I'll also take a buyer from the club directly. I have a reserve on Ebay that I have lowered, the last higher bidder was very close. It's turn-key and ready to go. I'd be willing to deliver the car for expenses round trip. I can also store the car for up to three months if you need that.

So here goes:

Year:1989

Coupe: X Conv:____

Mileage:86k Original

Considered Correct? (Y)

Title: Clear X Salvage____ Other___ Also has clear CarFax

Any Accident History? (N)

Asking Price: $Make OFFER (my email is innovator _ 1 at hotmail.com (remove spaces)

Willing to take trade (N)

Exterior Color: Pewter Gray Metallic

Interior Color: Grey

Paint Original? (Y)

Paint Condition? (Excellent) Glossy and very smooth. Clayed and 3 step Polish/Sealer/Wax

Belt & Bumper Molding Color: (Body Color)

Body Dents: (Y)

If Y where Non-creased about 1 inch long just above pass.rear wheel well.

Body Rust: (N)

If Y where__________________

Windshield Chipped or Cracked? (N) New windshield Plinkerton

If Y to what extent?

Vent Glass Intact? (Y)

If N please describe which one is damaged and how damaged.

Rubber surround molding for windshield condition? (Excellent) New with windshield

(Coupe only) Rubber surround molding for rear window condition? (Excellent) as New

Out Side Mirrors Intact? (Y)

Headlight Motors Function Correctly? (Y)

Tail Light Lens: (Clear) had some slight condensation - fixed

(Convertable only)

Convertable Top Material: (Vinyl or Cloth)

Convertable Top Color?

Convertable Top Condition? (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor)

Please describe any flaws or problems with the convertible top.

Interior Original? (Y) No tears or cracking. No stains. Soft.

16 Way Seats? (N)

Works (Y/N)

Suede bolsters? (88 only) N/A

Seat Condition? (Excellent)

Drivers interior door panel condition? (Excellent)

Passengers interior door panel condition? (Excellent)

Center console top armrest condition? (Excellent)

Door weather stripping condition? (Excellent)

Headliner Condition? (Excellent) New about a year ago, professionally done.

Carpet Condition? (Excellent) No stains or wear marks. Always covered other than to vacuum out.

Original Floor Mats: (Y)

Floor Mat Condition: (Fair) Grippers missing but material if good, not worn.

Condition of Steering Wheel Leather:(Excellent) Like a new steering wheel. No wring marks or twists.

Sun Roof? (N)

Works? (N/A)

Functional Keyless Entry? (Y)

Both Remotes? (Y)

Problems with Electronic Dash items? (N)

If Y describe problems:

Power Windows Work Correctly? (Y)

Power Seats Work Correctly? (Y)

Power Door Locks Work Correctly? (Y)

Power Antenna Work Correctly? (Y)

Original Sound System? (Y)

Factory CD Player? (90-91 only) (N)

Sound System Fully Functional? (Y)

If N what are the problems (i.e. tape player, CD, speakers, noise):

Aftermarket Sound System Equipment? (N)

If Y describe:

A/C Functional? (Y)

If N describe problem:

Has the A/C been converted from R12 to R134A? (N)

Does the suspension require any attention? (N) New front struts. <1000 miles ago.

If Y describe what is needed

Tire Brand: Fulda H-Rated. Brand new, about 2000 miles from purchase date.

Remaining Tread: 99%

Are All Tires Matched? (Y)

Factory Wheels? (Y)

If N describe the non stock wheel

Factory Wheel Center Caps Condition: (Excellent) 2 very small (1/16")dings on rear wheels, 1 each.

Missing Caps? (____) number

Any Brake Components Replaced? (N)

If Y describe the part(s) replaced and when? Recent pads all the way around. Fluid flushed.

Last Time Brake System Was Flushed? within last 3 months.

Original Engine? (Y)

If N when replaced and how many miles on replacement?

Original Engine Rebuilt? (N)

If Y when and how many miles ago?

Does Engine require attention? (N)

If Y what needs to be done.

When was last tune up? 3 months ago.

Does the engine, cooling system, power steering, or brake system leak any fluids? (N)

If Y describe in detail what is leaking, to what extent.

How often do you change the oil? Every 2000 miles. Longest 3k miles.

Original Transmission? (Y)

If N when replaced and how many miles on replacement?

Original Transmission Rebuilt? (N)

Does Transmission require attention? (N)Recent flush and service- last 3 months.

If Y what needs to be done?

When was last Transmission Service? Within last 3 months.

Any Transmission Leaks? (N)

If Y to what extent?

Have CV joints been replaced? (N)

I have (Most) receipts for this vehicle's service history.

(or, for example I have (all/most/some/no) receipts for service for the last ___ years and ______ miles)

Does the car have the owners? manual portfolio? YES

For 90/91 Reattas only, does the owners? manual portfolio contain:

Craftsmen?s Log (Y/N)

Tire gauge (Y/N)

Flashlight (Y/N)

Buick Road Atlas (Y/N)

In General, What items need attention?

My Reatta Drives: (Excellent)

I am the 3rd owner of this Reatta.

I have owned this Reatta for 1 Year.

Contact Me at ___ ___ ____ or email me at

innovator_1 @ hotmail dot com

This is my beauty but business things first. The previous owner had it for only a short period of time and they were simply too tall to drive it comfortably. I saw this and it was amazing. The original owner was the typical elderly lady, apparently this was a car purchased for her by hubby. From appearances, it was garaged when not driven and had very light use.

The interior is about as good as I've seen even in cars with far less mileage and newer years.

I have driven this car mostly on longer trips and it hums. Rock solid and of course you know the pleasure they are. Being a California car, there is no rust. Everything works although 1 light bulb in front and 1 turn signal bulb need to be replaced. I'll probably do that here in the next few days.

Right now the car is garaged as it has always been when not driven.

All of the interior is like new. Perfect glass.

For full disclosure, the Yellow ABS light shows sometimes but the Reatta Test is passed. It does appear that the ABS is working from an impromptu test. All the fluids have recently been changed. The serpentine belt was changed within the last 2 years. Spark plugs were changed at last tuneup.

The car is original, no bling bling added, no mod parts. Shows very well. Right now odo shows 86,xxx miles which are confirmed as original.

There we have it, or there you have it. I'm a bit flexible on the price but I don't need to give it away.

I did drive it today as I run it once a week now to keep everything nice and lubed. This morning it was very cold (for Cal) and the heater and defroster worked perfectly. The computer is clear and the display works perfectly. No blinking on/off. Radio works perfect but some new speakers in the front are probably in order. Both remotes, one appearing unused. Both work.

If you need more pictures or a video, let me know.

post-47423-143137915488_thumb.jpg

I should also mention that the Reatta comes with a Bluetooth portable GPS unit with a custom mount for the Reatta. Maps are included for most of the Continental USA, down to street level. The GPS unit itself has a lot of other capabilities such as ability to play MP3 audio/video, WiFi Internet access capable and all the common pda functions. Being completely portable, it can go for the hiking trip. Yes, it has the location of YOUR house.

A inverter for continuous in-care operation and charging is also included. All of these items are as brand new.

I've put together a 3.5 meg zipped file of various pictures of the Reatta. Some were taken this morning (11-30) and accurately reflect it's appearance. Just send me a message or email me at:

info at hi-rizer dot com

and I'll send the file to you pronto.

Thanks

I've not seen a gray exterior that is metallic in appearance. Gray to me is a flat color. The paint (it is 100% original) is not a flat color by any imagination.

The interior is gray and has a completely different hue to to. Close up the paint sparkles. I don't think the Reatta came in an exterior flat color like gray. There is sparkle to this color which gray would not have.

Take a look at the attached. I've never seen gray look like this.

post-47423-143137915499_thumb.jpg

In that last attachment, notice that I put a gray color body wrap material along the leading edges of the car to defend against rock chips. That is gray and quite different than the color of the paint. Light plays strange tricks on color.

post-47423-143137915524_thumb.jpg

According to reatta.org judging

Sterling Silver Metallic code 13

Pewter Gray Metallic code 87

The code should be on the tag inside the well for the spare tire.

Take a picture of the tag while you are in there and save a little time having to look later.

I've just updated some picstures on the Ebay listing. I realized that the wheels are in such good condition that they rival some show car's wheels and this is a driver! Also, I took a much better picture of the steering wheel that shows the like new condition it is in.

Thanks

Here is the <span style="font-weight: bold"> LINK</span>

Someone asked for pictures of the paint as what I posted on Ebay may have reflections that aren't complimentary. So here goes, some additional pics. In one picture I placed a small software box on the hood to give some idea that you can read the text in the reflection but it took quite a while as the box kept sliding down the hood. It really is that smooth.

post-47423-143137915547_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I've relisted the Reatta with a lowered reserve making this probably the best buy for a great condition Reatta. The higher bidder was very close last time. I can now accept Pay Pal as well.

If you are interested, I'll accept offers from club members. I can make storage available for 3 months if you need that and/or I can also drive the car to you, after the financial transactions are completed (plus round trip expenses).

If someone really wanted it but can't front the entire amount now, I would accept a significant deposit that would be non-refundable and would store the car for the 3 month period. At that time or before, you'd have to provide the remaining payment or forfeit the deposit. During storage, the car would be garaged and covered. I could provide the routine maintenance checks and make sure the car is driven once a week up and down my dead-end street to keep things lubed and so on.

Thanks

post-47423-143137915562_thumb.jpg

BeeGee.....I tend to agree with the others, that your car is actually Pewter Gray Metallic (code 87) only about 2% of the Reattas were painted that color as compared to the Sterling Silver Metallic (code 13) of which about 7% were that color.

Look in the trunk by the spare tire and you will find the label with several lines of three digit codes. Your exterior color will probably be 87U and down at the bottom of the lable it will have the PPG code of 9243