dual exhaust for flat head six

bebop138

Langdon's Stovebolt Engine Parts Company stocks dual exhaust cast iron mainfolds for Plymouth and Dodge (23 1/2" blocks. They are quality castings that bolt right on to all short block engines without any modifications. The design reminds me of the old Fenton after market dual exhaust system.

Spoke with Tom at Hershey this month and he also makes two MOPAR HEI (12 volt) ignition system that drop in for either the short block or the larger Chrysler/Desoto long block 25 1/2" engine. You can see a photo of them on Tom's site.

http://www.stoveboltengineco.com/whatsnew.htm

theboss@stoveboltengineco.com

I was surprised to find out recently that Chrysler DID make dual exhausts and dual carbs too. They were used on 6 cylinder flathead engines in big trucks. I don't know what year or model but I believe 1 or 2 ton and larger, dump trucks etc, up to 1962 or whenever they stopped making flathead truck engines.

Some of these would interchange with the DeSoto - Chrysler long block engine but they also made exclusive truck engines in the 300 to 400 cu in range.These would be much bigger than the car engine and manifolds would not interchange. But the 250 or 265 cu in model will. This is the engine that measures 25" long at the head.

Look for a Dodge or Fargo big truck or bus from the forties or 50s. I'm told in the west and midwest there are lots of these languishing on farmer's back 40s and rural junkyards.

Nice set-up, will it fit on a 265 cube engine?? Would this work on the fluid drive units---I suppose you would have to run your old carb on one intake to make it work?? Are there any for sale??? How much would one expect to pay for one???? Thanks---52er.......

I had to pay $700 for a frozen up engine to get those parts a couple of years ago. I did recently purchase another set of these manifolds from a man on this forum. Not as complete as the first set but mostly there for $600. They are out there but not real common. Yes, they would fit a 265 and would probably work fine with the fluid drive. Maybe both carbs would have to have the dash pot. Don't know for sure.